Please enjoy Memorial Day safely and remember our nations fallen military heroes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Please enjoy Memorial Day safely and remember our nations fallen military heroes.

Here is a neat picture ( I did not take) that has nothing to do with woodworking but I admire the stuff photographed.

Click image for larger version  Name:	main-qimg-f7f2567eafa32348b78eb04480dab1a3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	171.9 KB ID:	851031

The car is clearly a 2006 Ford GT.
    Can anyone identify the plane? It has two P&W R2800 Wasp engines, probably a Navy version (folding wings) but it is not a P38 (P38 had forked tail and water cooled, inline, not radial engines)

Grumman F7F Tigercat, I think, using Google image search.

Here's another picture
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Grumman_F7F-3N_Tigercat_2007.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.5 KB ID:	851032
    A very fast propeller plane. From this view, it is all engines. Produced from 1944 to 1954, it saw no combat in WWII but did serve in Korea. 360 something were made, 8 remain flyable.
    Performance
    • Maximum speed: 460 mph (740 km/h, 400 kn)
    • Range: 1,200 mi (1,900 km, 1,000 nmi)
    • Service ceiling: 40,400 ft (12,300 m)
    • Rate of climb: 4,530 ft/min (23.0 m/s)
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 05-30-2022, 11:15 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

As somone who is from a family of veterans, some fallen, many wounded, I appreciate the reminder of what Memorial Day is all about.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Jim Frye
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Maumee, OH, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Every memorial day I stop to look at my Father's burial flag case. He was in WWII South Pacific Navy. I'm Vietnam Era Air Force. My SIL was Air National Guard. Today my flag is at half mast in remembrance of all of those veterans and loss of school children. Sorry, I'm rather bummed today.
      Jim Frye
      The Nut in the Cellar.
      ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• LCHIEN
        LCHIEN commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry. while somber, memorial day should also be an uplifting day and a promise to keep the country free for our kids and families. There is still a lot to be thankful for despite some current events.
    Working...