• Show
Clear All
  • pavensoon
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2022
    • Indiana
    • Ridged

Questions for the moderator

I'm not sure what "unapproved" means and why it applies to somethings but not to others. I guess "gorilla humor" could be in bad taste, and I would remove it if I knew how. But "marriage humor?!?" Both my sister and wife laughed at that one.

If I insulted anyone, I apologize.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

The posts were reported as offensive. I don't get it, but I wanted review from the rest of the admin and moderation team. It is nothing personal, I am just trying to get a feel for if the other moderators feel any lines were crossed.

The intent behind the rules is to keep our discussion friendly, and civil. Please be paitent until the rest of the team has a look at them.

Thanks.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

The marriage humor and gorilla posts were flagged by a user (not a moderator) and this automatically put them on approval status and caused the message to be sent.

The reason given is basically not woman-friendly humor and I can see that point. There is a moderator discussion.
      I suggest for now that you stick to non controversial humor, if there is such a thing.

We are first and foremost a forum for people of similar interests, largely woodworking, but as a community we can share thoughts, ideas, and knowledge as well as things we find interesting or just make us happy as well as in some cases sad.

Know any good robot jokes? I think they don't vote last I heard.
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-17-2022, 08:45 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Pavensoon - Do you mind telling us a little about yourself? Where you are from - or recently retired? or woodworking ability or hobbies. Some of us do list some of these things in our posts or in the "about" when we signed up. We know that for some, there are specific reasons that a few can not reveal certain things for a number of reasons, so we do understand that. But we welcome you to our forum and welcome dialog too. Thanks.
        Hank Lee
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...