• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Son of a b*#$ not again!

I just need to vent. As I have mentioned I got super slow here, and on the other forums in 2017 due to mulbiple family members falling ill and passing away. It was a big number due to a big family....

Well we just got the call,

Including my wife, there were 9. Now there are 7. The first passed in 2018 to Cancer, and now another brother in law, he had a stroke shortly after getting the COVID booster shot, not saying cause and effect, he was diabetic with high blood pressure etc... as well, lots of factors, just trying to give time tables.

He seemed to be responding well to the physical therapy, but had some kidney damage so was on dialysis.

Well apparently he passed away last night.

So my Brother In law, Enrique (Henry), you, your muscle car obsession, and shared hunting stories, tales of projects past and hopes for projects future, will be missed...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Sorry for your loss. I know you have been through a lot these last couple of years.

Take care of your wife and your health. God Bless You.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-11-2022, 12:24 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. You've been through a lot in these past few years and I truly sympathize with you and your family. It's hard I know, but stay strong for your family and find solice in the knowledge that the people that you have lost shared their lives with you and while they were here you had the priviledge of enriching each other's lives.

May God grant all of you peace and happiness in the days ahead,

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

Thanks.

This time is different, and well. Weird.

The last funeral we had in the family was for one of my nieces that had liver issues. Lovely woman with horrible addiction problems to be blunt. At her funeral several of the siblings in law and I all agreed nobody else was allowed to die for at least 10 years.

Stupid as it may sound, when the call came this morning, my first reaction was I was actually mad at him for breaking our deal.

I know, it's stupid, very stupid, but it is what it is...

We all honestly needed a break.

I am just hoping and praying we are not set for another year like 2018 was for us...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Jim Frye
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Maumee, OH, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Really sorry for your loss. I remember my parents going through family members and friends passing one after another. By the time they passed, all of their friends were gone and all of their family members of their generation were also. The cycle of life, I guess.
          Jim Frye
          The Nut in the Cellar.
          ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Jim Frye
            Really sorry for your loss. I remember my parents going through family members and friends passing one after another. By the time they passed, all of their friends were gone and all of their family members of their generation were also. The cycle of life, I guess.
            Yeah, well. I am in my early 50s still, so very much NOT ready for this. Unfortunately Diabetes and high BP run with my wifes family, it's a big family, and she is the 2nd to youngest of 9, most of the siblings in law are in their mid 60s and up... so yeah, it's just wierd...

Comment

Working...