Feb 1 is the Chinese New Year/Lunar New Year!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Feb 1 is the Chinese New Year/Lunar New Year!

This is the year of the Tiger.
    "In Chinese culture, the tiger is the symbol of bravery, wisdom and strength. But interestingly, the tiger is not mentioned in the Bible, while the lion, a Western astrological sign, is absent from the Chinese zodiac". "Different places and peoples have different cultures. This is only natural, but such differences should not prevent us from understanding, respecting and appreciating each other's history, culture and tradition."

Also known as the Chinese New Year -- and as the Spring Festival in China -- this year the date marks the end of the Year of the Ox and the start of the Year of the Tiger.

Traditionally it's a time to honor ancestors and deities, with family reunions, parades and fireworks to drive off evil spirits. While based on the Chinese lunar calendar, Lunar New Year is also celebrated in Korea, Singapore, Mongolia, Tibet, Vietnam and in Asian communities worldwide.

I wish a Happy Chinese New Year to everyone! It's 4720 if you are counting.

Click image for larger version  Name:	a429d53a1f4a5e849695f21b1bf37b83.jpg Views:	0 Size:	46.4 KB ID:	847974
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-01-2022, 03:27 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Back at ya! I was thinking it wasn't for a while. Thank you for the reminder!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      LCHIEN commented
      Editing a comment
      Moves around a bit.
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Well Happy New Year to you and your family Loring.

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...