• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

Good News On The Home Front

My youngest son, his wife and 2 sons came to stay with us 'until he could get back on his feet' in mid December. Since them another kid was born, wife was kicked out (at his request and now in the process of divorce), CPS took his 3 kids and he's working on getting them back (he has sole custody). He had injured his back working on a cell tower and got screwed over by Worker's Comp. He was trying to get SS disability but got turned down a couple of months ago. I never believed his back was as bad as he claimed. Seems like a lot to have happen since December, right?

After getting turned down on his disability he did the right thing and got a job. Last week he got an apartment and moved the last of his things out last night. We are finally empty nesters again. The room they were in was Ginger's sewing room so for 5 1/2 years all her sewing and craft stuff has been either in the living room or our bedroom. Today I am cleaning the room so we can move most of her things into it temporarily and clean up the LR and MBR. We have a Mother in Law Suite on the other end of the house that my brother lived in for almost 10 years since his wife died. He is now in long term care. We are in the process of clearing those rooms and they will be Ginger's new sewing and craft rooms. We have laminate flooring to replace all the carpet and those rooms will get done first, before she moves into them..

Did I mention the son and his family came to stay with us in December.......2014????? If it hadn't have been for the grand kids he would have been bounced out on his tin ear long ago!

Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Glad you are taking control of your lives again. Good luck.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Black walnut
      Administrator
      • Aug 2015
      • BT3K

Happy for you Pappy.
      We had our own issues with grown children. Sou nds like yours lasted much longer.
      just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

Not only is his bedroom now empty but half of my 12 x 16 Pony barn was filled with his crap. I took a good look at it yesterday and it looks like a full day will be needed to clean it up to be useable again. Lots of mouse/rat droppings even with the snake I've seen in there a few times. I put out a couple of bait boxes yesterday to get rid of them.

Now I can get my mower out of the weather and be able to pull the Harley inside to work on it. If there is enough room it may get parked in the barn again.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

Working...