• Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Reverse Ryobi tool kit unboxing?

I bought a Ryobi tool kit when we got stateside and I used a couple of the tools, but we're going to head out again. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get these tools back into the original box and close the lid.

The original box was already so compact and obviously suited to the task. If I leave it to the movers, I can almost guarantee their weight will double because of the amount of paper they use.

I did Google it, but could not find a resource that would show me how to repack this like the original box packer did (they must have had instructions, too, right?).

Yes, I realize this is OCD.

​​​​​​Paul
  • cwsmith
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2005
    • NY Southern Tier, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Paul,

Sorry I can't help with the present challenge, but I've learned over the years that when the packaging appears to be complex and I intend to save the box for possible future storage of the tool, I take a picture of it before I start unpacking. It hasn't happened but a couple of times, but having a photo sure helps!

CWS
    Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

I forgot which one you bought. Never the less, I would go quickly to HD or Lowes and buy a tool storage tote or box a little over one size larger than what came with yours. It is evident that the OEM box was for shipping only and not for daily usage.

I have found my purchased tool boxes/tote boxes are very handy.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• DerekShellman66
        Handtools only
        • Sep 2020
        • New Jersey
        • Stihl MS461

I have to report a fail on the ONE+ 🔋18-Volt Power Caulk gun. I had a lot of caulking to do at a rental house 🏚. I have a CH air powered gun but thought the battery unit would be less cumbersome.
        The Ryobi gets good reviews. My experience was disappointing👍

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by DerekShellman66
          I have to report a fail on the ONE+ 🔋18-Volt Power Caulk gun. I had a lot of caulking to do at a rental house 🏚. I have a CH air powered gun but thought the battery unit would be less cumbersome.
          The Ryobi gets good reviews. My experience was disappointing👍
          I read the reviews several weeks ago on the Ryobi Caulk gun, both on HD and on Amazon. It had too many negative reviews for me to even consider. I usually look up similar tools under other brands and compare again. IF there is a easily noticeable difference, I run from it. The caulk gun from Ryobi is one such tool. It has not been perfected just yet.

One other Ryobi 18V tool that I do not like but use it - The reciprocating saw. It does the job but it sure shakes a lot. At 73 my grip is not what it used to be and it shows on that tool.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Carlos
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I have an ancient B&D power caulk gun that just takes AA batteries. Works fine. Not super fast, but totally usable for large-ish probject. Just have to keep batteries fresh, and replace as soon as it slows down, which is subtle.

Comment

Working...