• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Travel picture

I thought I would share one of my recent pictures with you from my travels.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	P1124903sm.jpg Views:	1 Size:	118.2 KB ID:	835973
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-29-2019, 04:13 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Somehow I never realized those were 3 separate structures. I always thought the roofs were joined.

Australia and New Zealand (and Japan) are on the top of our to-do list.

Comment

• cwsmith
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • NY Southern Tier, USA.
      • BT3100-1

Great picture.

The pictures that I've seen of that in the past have always been from a distance. Your photo is especially nice at sunset.

Thanks,

CWS
      Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by cwsmith
        Great picture.

The pictures that I've seen of that in the past have always been from a distance. Your photo is especially nice at sunset.

Thanks,

CWS
        Thanks CW.
        I used a 9 mm fisheye lens for the photo and a monopod for support and while my wife was sleeping off jetlag in the hotel I snuck off a few minutes before susnset and hiked down to Benalong point where the Opera House is and stayed through a couple of dusk hours - it sometimes takes a bit of work to get these pictures. It was almost the end of a 41 hour day for me.
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-31-2019, 07:21 PM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• cwsmith
          cwsmith commented
          Editing a comment
          A 9 mm, terrific! What kind of camera were you using? The picture came out really nice, as you have the lighting perfect.

I have a Canon 80D and past summer I bought a 10 - 18 mm zoom lens for it and quite pleased with it's ability, but I'm still learning to use it. Took some interior photos and have to be careful as you just get too much ceiling, sort of overwhelms the image. But that photograph of yours was perfect for that kind of lens. A very envious shot!

CWS
      • Black walnut
        Administrator
        • Aug 2015
        • BT3K

Nice pic Loring!
        just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

CW,
          I have a Olympus Mirrorless camera, an OM-D E-M10, micro four thirds compatible. Its a crop frame camera.
          The system is light weight and the smaller overall components can make lenses less expensive.
          I actually own three fisheyes... one is the Olympus lens which is the size of the body cap cover and is the one I used for the photo above, being that is small and super easy to carry on travels.
          I also have a third party Rokinon 7.5 mm and a Meike 6.5 mm fisheyes; the former a full image coverage and the latter a circular image fisheye. I like playing with different perspectives and you can't use these too often Save them for special ocassions. I left these at home because it was just too much stuff to carry.
          Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-01-2019, 12:57 AM.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• Gertewok
            Handtools only
            • Jun 2019
            • London

I like this photo

Comment

Working...