• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

I don't consider myself lucky. I consider myself blessed... We have friends and family that lost literally everything. I got water blown by the seal on the shop door.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

5 Days after the Hurricane the waters in the reservoir behind my house are finally going down... the storm was three days; the flood gates are open at around 4000 CF/sec may go to 8000 CF/sec as the downstream floods ease (they haven't yet)
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Barkers res 5 days after Harvey.jpg Views:	2 Size:	69.6 KB ID:	831378
      The danger with taking weeks to empty is that if we have another major rainstorm we will flood all that much quicker until the reservoir is empty again. It only took 18 hours to go from where it is now to full. And my house is at 105 feet elevation.
      Attached Files
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Groceries back to normal

Was like this for a few days:

Attached Files
        Last edited by LCHIEN; 09-05-2017, 02:27 AM.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• cwsmith
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • NY Southern Tier, USA.
          • BT3100-1

Isn't this a great country! There are not that many places in the world that can restock this rapidly and just carry-on in the aftermath of such a terrible disaster. I know at times I really feel down about the way things are going with all of the divisiveness, the bickering, and the general crime. But it is times like these when almost every one of us step up in some way with more than just compassion. Add to that, the great power that we have as a people and the network of logistical support that is in place, and continues to be in place no matter what!

CWS
          Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• jabe
            • Apr 2006
            • Hilo, Hawaii
            • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

Glad U R safe and your home wasn't flooded.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by LCHIEN
              Groceries back to normal

Was like this for a few days:

We really have a lot to be thankful for in our country. There's some parts of the world that the grocery stores look like the empty condition pictured above almost 100% of the time, not just for a day or two after a storm.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

Working...