• Show
Clear All
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Funny encounter

My wife was returning a RedBox DVD to the grocery store the other day. Before she could walk into the store, an older/elderly man waived her over with some urgency. Then he proceeded to tell her a joke! No kidding.

Woman goes to the doctor with two very red, scorched ears.
    Doctor: "What happened?"
    Woman: "I was ironing when I got a phone call. I accidentally put the iron to my ear instead of the phone."
    Doctor: "So, why is your other ear burned, too?"
    Woman: "Well, they called back!"

And with that, he told my wife to have a nice day.

Seems like no harm/no fowl, just an old guy who had a joke to share.
    Last edited by atgcpaul; 09-15-2016, 09:57 PM.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

When we get old we have shortened short term memory. Retelling the joke just a few minutes after having heard it will probably help him remember it long enough to get home and tell his wife!
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

Nope, he better write it down if he expects to remember it that long!

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

Not so funny encounter.... I saw something news earlier about random clown scares. An online friend of my wife's said she was setting on a.park bench watching grandkids and a clown with scary paint showed up out of nowhere and sat down beside her. It scared all the kids and they ran the other way, away from their parents. Friend says it scared her so bad she wet her pants and couldn't run or yel, but when she got her witts about her she noticed someone with a movie camera filming it all. Then the Clown and camera man walked away laughing.
        Discussing this with some of my red neck friends we decided this clown is a fool, he hasn't scared the right red neck yet, the one that has a conceal carry permit.

Comment

Working...