• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

one dash, it doesn't sound like you really needed the 460 dies!
    I thought that I had lost a craftsman battery drill somewhere in my shop and could not find it anywhere. 7-8 years later my neighbor brought the drill back, he had use it for some plumbing repairs and had somehow lost it in the wall he had torn open to get to the piping. His repairs had only lasted this long and he had to open the wall back up for repairs again and found the drill with my name on it! Needless to say the battery was dead and no longer manufactured.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

I bought a set of NiCds (see how long ago that was?) to rebuild a 13.2V Craftsman battery pack but I still don't know where it is.
      Now I'm using 19.2 V C3 tools.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• tfischer
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2003
        • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
        • BT3100

I've been known to find a good deal on something and buy it, stick it somewhere in the garage (my shop), and then forget about it. This year as I was going through some storage shelves I found a big set of drill bits I bought at Grizzly a couple years ago, a laser level, and a few other small things lol.

My worst thing was when I was changing my saw blade the arbor nut fell off and I never did find it, even 10 or so years later now. Had to special-order one which ended up costing me like $20 shipped for a stupid arbor nut. Earlier this year the nut fell off again and it temporarily disappeared... until my son told me to check the dust collector hose. Sure enough, it was in there - had rolled about 10 feet down the line... fortunately the DC was off. That's probably where my old one ended up too, only it probably got tossed out with the sawdust. The way the BT's dust collection port is, I wouldn't have expected the nut to jump in there.

Comment

Working...