• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

One possible outcome is that if people start attacking legally flying drones then can they be surprised when the drones start shooting back if attacked? They all have cameras and can so prove that their actions would be in self defense.

Just a thought.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• atgcpaul
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2003
      • Maryland
      • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by LCHIEN
      One possible outcome is that if people start attacking legally flying drones then can they be surprised when the drones start shooting back if attacked? They all have cameras and can so prove that their actions would be in self defense.

Just a thought.
      Until Skynet goes online, I don't think anyone is going to win the drones are people argument.

Comment

• jussi
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007

I think the biggest advancement in making drones so much easier to fly is GPS. It has drastically lowered the learning curve. When you can literally set the transmitter on the ground and have the drone stay in place (within a few feet) pretty much anyone can use them. And frankly I think one company is largely responsible for this popularity. DJI. Their phantom line was extremely well designed and was very easy to fly out of the box. I don't think any other model before it could claim that truthfully. After they gained popularity now other companies have jumped on board and there is a lot more competition.
        I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

• jussi
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007

Unless the person has virtually no neighbors I don't see this happening anytime soon. AFAIK they haven't even perfected obstacle avoidance yet. Yet alone people, animals, or other foreign flying objects (ie UFOs ).

Originally posted by atgcpaul
          It's biggest backer might be Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=8037720011
          Last edited by jussi; 10-20-2015, 02:20 PM.
          I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Working...