• Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Is it summer yet?

Summer does not start until this weekend and the temp is already above 100! While states west of Georgia are getting too much rain I haven't seen very much. Going out into the yard is only for brief times, mostly early or late in the day. My garden has just started producing and now it is withering in the heat. My garden irrigation waters at 5:30 am and pm, today I added another water time at noon just to save what I can. I bet this is the worst garden year yet for us. Any other gardening woodworkers?
    capncarl
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Northern California has been playing with summer a few day 105+ a few in the 70's and 80" and some in the mid 9o's Today 93 at the moment possible century mark by the weekend. Haven't had the big heat wave yet. Will be getting the Window AC out of the loft in the shop and into window her this week. Have some projects that I need the shop for so would nice and comfy. I can get it to 74 on a 108 day possible cooler if I start the AC earlier so that isn't bad. Help finish dry quick. We would gladly take some of your rain out will soon be watering once a week or less City Council taking up an Ordnance to allow synthetic turf in front yards. Don't know if I like it or not You sure can't walk barefoot on it.

Tom

Tom

Comment

• twistsol
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
      • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Summer is off to a slow start up north, we've had rain, rain, and more rain. Not the quantities of Texas, but just enough that it won't dry out long enough to mow. The grass is so long my house looks abandoned. Temps have been about normal for this time of year though.

I should probably hang out in Sacramento more. The last three times I was out there it rained.
      Chr's

Comment

• atgcpaul
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2003
        • Maryland
        • Grizzly 1023SLX

This past week has been upper 80s with lots of humidity so I was in no rush for summer. Almost every afternoon has been met with a severe thunderstorm. Around here it's like we get a long winter, super short spring, then get thrown into summer. I don't have a big garden. One 4x8 plot of strawberries. One 4x8 plot of 4 tomatoes and one pepper plant. And one 4x8 plot for cucumbers and we haven't figured out what else. We've been getting decent amounts of rain so we haven't had to supplement it too much with hose water since I also have a rain barrel set up.

I should probably go out there and stake the tomatoes. Either that or watch a Barbie movie with the girls.

Comment

• TB Roye
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Sacramento, CA, USA.
          • BT3100

Please hang out all you want we need the rain but more importantly we need the Sierra Snow that's what fill the lake for the summer and give us our water.

Tom

Comment

Working...