• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

i was at a SB party... after a while there wasn't a lot of attention. I thought I caught a Maserati ad of all things out of the corner of my eye but it was gone before I really saw it, but I do know I saw that awesome Trident logo they have.

I asked around - "DId anyone just see a Maserati ad???" nope...

I looked it up and sure enough there was one - one of those amosphere ads where they set an atmosphere for almost a minute-thirty and then pop the picture of the product and name in the last 2 seconds. Must have cost a fortune and I have never seen an exotic card advertised. THey have a new (an beautiful) Ghibli model for $66K to 75K base price, trying to have a new entry point against mercedes and BMW and Audi.

I want one...

Well, Jaguar had an ad, too. Not a slouch in the looks dept. either.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-03-2014, 12:12 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Cochese
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2010

Started watching old Top Gear around halftime. What an awful game.
      I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• capncarl
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007
        • Leesburg Georgia USA
        • SawStop CTS

Another couple of hours of my life I will not get back! Watching some of the after game festivities there were some happy Seahawks fans, all smiles, saying it was the happiest day of their lives and they could die happy. What a pittiful life these people must live.
        capncarl

Comment

• JimD
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Lexington, SC.

Is it just me or did others notice the Seahawks fairly consistently hitting the Broncos receivers before the ball got there? The Seahawks clearly showed up ready to play and the Broncos did not. I'm not saying the refs decided the outcome, more like they jumped on the bandwagon. Still it would have been interesting to see how the game would have come out if the refs had cleaned up the early hitting.

Peyton is a great quarterback but he clearly wants to be in a pocket undisturbed. When the Seahawks refused to give him that, he started making mistakes.

Comment

• phrog
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2005
            • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by JimD
            Is it just me or did others notice the Seahawks fairly consistently hitting the Broncos receivers before the ball got there? The Seahawks clearly showed up ready to play and the Broncos did not. I'm not saying the refs decided the outcome, more like they jumped on the bandwagon. Still it would have been interesting to see how the game would have come out if the refs had cleaned up the early hitting.
            Yeah, but excuses were not going to change that game.

Originally posted by JimD
            Peyton is a great quarterback but he clearly wants to be in a pocket undisturbed. When the Seahawks refused to give him that, he started making mistakes.
            Having suffered a broken neck, I don't blame him. Just hope he retires before something really bad happens.
            Last edited by phrog; 02-03-2014, 11:58 AM.
            Richard

Comment

• phrog
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2005
              • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by LCHIEN

I asked around - "DId anyone just see a Maserati ad???" nope...
              Yep, it was there - a really strange ad I must say.

Originally posted by LCHIEN
              I want one...
              Well, Jaguar had an ad, too. Not a slouch ion the looks dept. either.
              Nice toy. You NEED one.
              Richard

Comment

• phrog
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2005
                • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Did anyone out there get Denver and 36?

Was it me or did anyone else think the ads this year were as bad as the game?
                Richard

Comment

• vaking
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2005
                  • Montclair, NJ, USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3100-1

I believe in high school sports they now have rules that you are not allowed to win with the spread so big that it would be an embarrassment to losing team. I got the impression that in the super bowl Broncos were allowed to have 1 touchdown so they would not lose without being able to score at all. I can imagine that a super bowl match ending with 40:0 would not be good for future of this sport. Advertising revenues would get really hurt.
                  Alex V

Comment

• JimD
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2003
                    • Lexington, SC.

My wife was also disappointed in the ads. I try not to watch them.

Comment

• Black wallnut
                      cycling to health
                      • Jan 2003
                      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                      • BT3k 1999

Happy for my team, wish the other team would have showed up to play ball. Sad for Peyton.
                      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• TB Roye
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2004
                        • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                        • BT3100

Move and dinner with wife were great. Now on to Daytona.

Tom

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 2005
                          • IL, USA.
                          • DELTA 36-675

Did not even last til' halftime. Asked my two daughters if they would like to watch "The Croods" on Netflix and my daughters were at a loss for words. We had a blast enjoying finger foods mommy fixed and "The Croods" was actually pretty good.

Came in to work this morning and found out I won $$$ on squares. I am happy happy happy
                          Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

Working...