• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenacres2
    • Dec 2011
    • La Porte, IN
    • Ryobi BT3000

Excellent buying experience...

...from MLCS. Rather than retelling the story, here's the e-mail i sent them this morning:

Hello,
    I placed my first order with you Sunday night (11-4-2012). I couldn't find an 1/8" straight router bit locally, so having read about your free shipping deal on both Router Forums and BT3Central decided to give it a shot. Found what i needed right away, along with a few other "needs" i didn't know i had!! Read that free shipping would normally take 7-10 days for delivery, and the notice that MLCS may be backed up a little from "Superstorm Sandy"--but the price was worth the waiting.

On Tuesday morning, 36 hours after placing the order, i logged into your web site--and was stunned to see that the order had shipped on Monday with UPS delivery expected on Wednesday (today, 11-6-2012). If delivery of a $40 order less than 70 hours after it's placed is your idea of "delayed service" and "economy shipping"--i gotta say that i like it. The package should be at my house when i get home from work tonight, a full week ahead of my earliest expectation--WOW!!

Thanks for great service--i look forward to my next visit to your "store"!!

Had a message back from "Chris" about 20 minutes later, saying they worked all day Saturday to get mostly caught up from being without power. I don't often write in, and too often i comment on the negative and overlook the good ones. Just had to compliment them.

earl
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

i've always had great service from MLCS, they have replaced anything that I had the slightest complaint about even if it was my fault.

I get the feeling i'm dealing with a small tight group and they have limited their product offerings to just bits, router accessories and a few other things so they can understand and service those products real well.

That plus free shipping and low prices.

kudos to MLCS.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
      Gone but not Forgotten RIP
      • Jun 2006
      • So. Florida
      • Delta

I've had good service from them. But, I am amazed at Amazon. Seems like the box is at your door right after you check out.

Comment

• JimD
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Lexington, SC.

I think part of the MLCS speed is they almost always ship via first class mail. I got a cable that way, I think it was from cable express, that I ordered last Saturday on Wednesday, yesterday. On the same day I got a Amazon order I placed late on 11/5 and paid extra to get two day delivery on. It came via UPS. I further got an order that was at least 2 weeks old from eParts, also via UPS.

When I go for free shipping at Amazon it seems like I nearly always wait over a week. The seem to take 2-3 days to get it moving. I like Amazon but I think they penalize you if you go for free shipping.

Anyway, excellant service is the primary reason my normal first stop for router bits is MLCS. Most of my bits are from them and I haven't been disappointed in any of them.

Jim

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

I know they get bashed because they are not the "Elite" brand, but I have had nothing but excellent products, and service from MLCS. I only wish they would expand their line!
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Charlie R
            Forum Newbie
            • Jun 2007

No bells are going off in my mind. A Google search didn't provide the answer. Please define MLCS or provide a link to their offerings. Thanks all.

Comment

• RAFlorida
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2008
              • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
              • Ryobi BT3000

Google search and the first

url is this one:
              Shop HValley Tools for premium woodworking tools, 3D printers, laser engraver and CNC Machines. Trusted Brands MLCS Woodworking and Eagle America.

They are tops for service and customer relation.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

RAF is correct and BTW, searching google for MLCS puts MLCS woodworking router bits etc at the top of the hit list.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• Rslaugh
                  • Sep 2003
                  • Red Lion, PA, USA.
                  • Ridgid

Have always had great service from MLCS.

Love amazon as well but I would generally not think of them for router bits. I opt for the Prime membership every year and I find that shipping is always fast. Rarely longer than 2 days. Since I hate shopping for everything except tools and boat parts I buy almost everything there including most of my clothes. Placed an order for some tighty whities Monday after 6pm and they were on my doorstep wednesday when i came home.
                  Rick
                  IG: @rslaugh_photography
                  A sailor travels to many lands, Any place he pleases
                  And he always remembers to wash his hands, So's he don't gets no diseases
                  ~PeeWee Herman~

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Rslaugh
                    Have always had great service from MLCS.

Love amazon as well but I would generally not think of them for router bits. I opt for the Prime membership every year and I find that shipping is always fast. Rarely longer than 2 days. Since I hate shopping for everything except tools and boat parts I buy almost everything there including most of my clothes. Placed an order for some tighty whities Monday after 6pm and they were on my doorstep wednesday when i came home.
                    I hope they were in a box. It was not a pretty picture that first went thru my mind.
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• Rslaugh
                      • Sep 2003
                      • Red Lion, PA, USA.
                      • Ridgid

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                      I hope they were in a box. It was not a pretty picture that first went thru my mind.
                      Well now Loring, sounds like a personal problem to me! But yes they were in a box so no delivery personnel were harmed in the making of that little picture in your head.
                      Rick
                      IG: @rslaugh_photography
                      A sailor travels to many lands, Any place he pleases
                      And he always remembers to wash his hands, So's he don't gets no diseases
                      ~PeeWee Herman~

Comment

Working...