• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Houston Texans

Since we can't post any pictures right now, lets turn to texty discussions of a non-wood nature.

After a decade of suffering through expansion team blues the Texans are looking downright respectable. After (hopefully) a romp over the hapless NY Jets on MNF tonight we should be 5-0 and have some positive national exposure to say we've arrived.

I suppose maybe the Texans are compensation for the sorry, sorry state of the Astros and the Rockets this year.

Hope I haven't jinxed 'em. Looking forward to tonight's game!
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

As and Oriole fan living in Atlanta, I concur with your assement

Comment

• toolguy1000
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • westchester cnty, ny

i must be totally out of step with a great many individuals in this country. i've never referred to a professional sports team of any kind as "I" or "WE". it always seemed to me the only individuals with a right to use those terms were players and/or employees of a team or it's owners. although, from a business perspective, i envy sports teams' hold on their customers. even when the product stinks, "fans" keep on spending money on "their" team.

like i said, i must just be out of step with a great many individuals as i just don't get it.
      there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

Jets seem to be giving them a run for the money but the Texans do look like a force to be reckoned with. At least one of the pro football teams in Texas knows what game they are playing...
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

Without a fan base to support a team there is none, no team per se can go forward professionally without the I/we support of its fan base or supporters,no team owner will even have a team unless his fanbase is their to provide a profit, therefore I/We do theoretically own the team and support and pay its players and staff, without the I/We there would be no team support for ownership. Hence Loring is correct as he theoretically is a team owner and supporter as is everyone else who purchase's ticket and team paraphanalia to support his or hers team.Also some teams (Packers) actually sell stock in their teams so as to provide incentives for the fanbase to show up to support the team.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

The morning after MNF (Tuesday morning QB'ing)

not nearly as dominating a games as it could have been.
            Charitably, I'll say that the Jets were fired up to play better because of their poor showing the week before. They certainly threw everything but the kitchen sink at the Texans.
            Still, a W is a W. Five and oh, baby!
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
              Gone but not Forgotten RIP
              • Jun 2006
              • So. Florida
              • Delta

Originally posted by toolguy1000
              i must be totally out of step with a great many individuals in this country. i've never referred to a professional sports team of any kind as "I" or "WE". it always seemed to me the only individuals with a right to use those terms were players and/or employees of a team or it's owners. although, from a business perspective, i envy sports teams' hold on their customers. even when the product stinks, "fans" keep on spending money on "their" team.

like i said, i must just be out of step with a great many individuals as i just don't get it.
              I don't get excited about "team" sports. I get a chuckle though when friends or relatives sit on a sofa and scream at the top of their lungs, while watching the games on TV.

Comment

• toolguy1000
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2009
                • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by cabinetman
                I don't get excited about "team" sports. I get a chuckle though when friends or relatives sit on a sofa and scream at the top of their lungs, while watching the games on TV.

like i said, it just never made any sense to me once i got past grammar school.
                there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• Ian57
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Sep 2012
                  • Cocoa, Fl.
                  • Delta 34-455 Contractors Saw

Originally posted by cabinetman

As an exiled Brit I still get excited watching my hometown team play. I do sit and scream and shout at the laptop (Badly streamed pictures) for all I am worth.
                  FWIW I support Featherstone Rovers.

Comment

• dbhost
                    Slow and steady
                    • Apr 2008
                    • League City, Texas
                    • Ryobi BT3100

I admit it, I'm a gear head. I never quite understood things like Football, or Baseball. However I do dig Hockey. Go figure...

Generally speaking, if it's sports, and you want me to watch, it should have a supercharger involved in some shape or fashion...
                    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...