• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dal300
    Banned
    • Aug 2011
    • East Central Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

The wife and I and my brothers and sisters will be behind you 100%.

Do your best and we'll be proud of you!

Dallas

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
      Bandsaw Box Momma
      • Apr 2005
      • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

I am about 11 days away from this walk and I am getting excited about it. I have been walking everyday so that I can live through this experience.

PS. Was told by my husband to add the last part of that post. LMAO
      Last edited by Mrs. Wallnut; 09-27-2012, 10:01 AM.
      Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Just donated. We lost my mother in law to lung cancer and my wife's young cousin to breast cancer last year. Both of them wonderful women. Anything that can help to put an end to cancer of any kind is appreciated. Thanks Mrs. Wallnut for your time and effort and best wishes to your aunt.
        Chr's

Comment

• JSUPreston
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • Montgomery, AL.
          • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

SWMBO lost her grandmother several years ago to breast cancer. We support the local groups and my wife has done a walk or two in her honor/memory.
          "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• NewDIYer
            Forum Newbie
            • Jun 2012
            • Southington, CT
            • Ryobi BT3000

Live for Life..

We support walking for cancer under Live for Life. We have done this walk (typically scheduled in our local High School on a Friday evening to Saturday Evening and is a beautiful event) for a long time and the whole family believes in supporting the community and local events.

Those who support - keep up the good work!

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
              Bandsaw Box Momma
              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by twistsol
              Just donated. We lost my mother in law to lung cancer and my wife's young cousin to breast cancer last year. Both of them wonderful women. Anything that can help to put an end to cancer of any kind is appreciated. Thanks Mrs. Wallnut for your time and effort and best wishes to your aunt.
              I am very sorry about your loss. I have had a very good friend whom I have lost to ovarian cancer and a sister in law to breast cancer quite a few years ago. Thanks for your support. My next step is I would love to do one of those 3 day cancer walks.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                Bandsaw Box Momma
                • Apr 2005

Four days till my walk!!!!!!! Getting super excited about this.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                  Bandsaw Box Momma
                  • Apr 2005

Thank you to everyone for the support. I did finish the walk and felt very accomplished about doing so. If women around the country can do treatments, and have surgeries to save their lives then I can walk a 5k to support them, in their fight against breast cancer.

Comment

• dbhost
                    Slow and steady
                    • Apr 2008
                    • League City, Texas
                    • Ryobi BT3100

I haven't even looked at this thread until today (been busy with site issues, and my own stuff). I would love to donate, but I am presently unable. How long is that fund raiser going on?

The more attentive of you know that cancer has touched my family in several ways, including taking a sister in law 3 years ago after her 20 year fight with breast cancer. This (and Diabetes) is something that I have a personal interest in.

As of now I have...

Adena, sister in law, passed on from breast cancer.
                    Geraldine, Friend, colleague, my professional mentor, passed on from lung cancer.
                    Richard, friend and colleague currently fighting testicular cancer.
                    Jim, friend, colleague, one of my groomsmen (that good of a friend) testicular cancer survivor, 8 years cancer free now!)

Those are just the ones that spring to mind off the top of my head. I know there are more, a lot more...
                    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                      Bandsaw Box Momma
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by dbhost
                      I haven't even looked at this thread until today (been busy with site issues, and my own stuff). I would love to donate, but I am presently unable. How long is that fund raiser going on?

The more attentive of you know that cancer has touched my family in several ways, including taking a sister in law 3 years ago after her 20 year fight with breast cancer. This (and Diabetes) is something that I have a personal interest in.

As of now I have...

Adena, sister in law, passed on from breast cancer.
                      Geraldine, Friend, colleague, my professional mentor, passed on from lung cancer.
                      Richard, friend and colleague currently fighting testicular cancer.
                      Jim, friend, colleague, one of my groomsmen (that good of a friend) testicular cancer survivor, 8 years cancer free now!)

Those are just the ones that spring to mind off the top of my head. I know there are more, a lot more...

I believe that you can still donate to this by going to the Making Strides cancer walk link that I have post in the top of this thread. The team name is Katie Kicks Cancer. Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...