X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Bountiful weekend

Kinda missed being able to gloat a little here about what a bountiful weekend I had,But thats about to change. Found some stuff at a yard sale or 2 as well as a nice scrollsaw on CL and then I did something I never thought I would do, I bought a boat as well as another pistol, Geez moneys blowin holes in my pockets lately. So heres a few pics,not much to see in the boat area yet as I have to do some repair work(needs a little flooring repair and a wiring harness) for the 115 h.p. 2 stroke 4 cyl,Mercury motor included the trailer and cover for a total of $800. Its a 17ft Wellcraft in great shape hull and interior wise. trailer need cleaning as well as new bearings,no sweat. The new pistola is a Roooski Nagant, a 7.62 x 38R or a 32. is what we would call it in near perfect condition for $115 shipped to my FFL.I got $130 in it OTD. The scrollsaw was the steal IMO, $100 as she sits, runs like a singer and just needs some blades, The clamps and wood + the bits for $40 the clamps still have the stickers on them showing $19. All in all a pretty good weekend of yardsailing and future outdoor boating and shooting, Oh yea the pics,
    Last edited by tommyt654; 03-24-2013, 11:56 AM.
  • gsmittle
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • St. Louis, MO, USA.
    • BT 3100

You suck. That is all.

That's some good huntin'. NOTHING like that ever appears in my neighborhood. (I'm hoping the M-N never appears.)

g.
    Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
    Bill & Ted

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

you've been a busy little boy...
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• frumper64
        Established Member
        • Feb 2004
        • Garland, Tx, USA.

You got an RBI Hawk for $100? That is felony grand theft. Take a look a the new prices on those suckers.
        Jim
        64sedan_at_gmail.com

Comment

• Pappy
          The Full Monte
          • Dec 2002
          • San Marcos, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 (x2)

Can't comment of the price on the gun or the boat, but I count 5 clamps at $19 ea = $95. The bits apear to be an off brand but they and the wood were basically free at $40 for them and the clamps.

As to the scroll saw.....

Originally posted by frumper64
          You got an RBI Hawk for $100? That is felony grand theft. Take a look a the new prices on those suckers.
          YOU SUCK! doesn't even start to say it! I've seen those at $500 + on CL around here.
          Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
          Fools because they have to say something.
          Plato

Comment

• thiggy
            Established Member
            • Sep 2003
            • Alabama.
            • Craftsman Contractor

Has the Nagant been reblued?
            SOW YOUR WILD OATS ON SATURDAY NIGHT - - - THEN ON SUNDAY PRAY FOR CROP FAILURE!

Comment

• tommyt654
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2008

The Nagants in original condition as you see it tho it was covered in oil and came with a original holster and tools for dissasembly and cleaning, ammo's expensive($80 for 200 rnds) but reloadable brass I got from Palmetto State Armory that has free shipping all month and the pistols available from Aimsurplus.com for $99 + ship,Theres a bit of a cult following for these russian made weapons now and I'm one of them as noted by the poster included in this post. Yup when I saw the RBI it turned out I was the 1st caller and ran right over to get it . Its a sweet running machine, never had a scrollsaw before so when I saw the price he wanted I offered $25 less cash that day he said deal if I could be there in an hour and off I went. The clamps and bits and wood were from my neighbor down the street. I asked what he wanted and he said $40 so I jumped on them right then and there. The boats actually prolly gonna be the better deal in the long run as long as I don't have to sink much into it(never gonna happen). The 2 soft spots in the floor have been cut out and I'm lookin for marine grade plywood(hard to find) to replace it with now,the electrical harness has been shipped($125) and I'm ripping up all the carpet and sanding down the floor to repaint with a rubberized polyurethane non-skid coating I ordered on the web as I like to fish and the lake(Allatoona) is a short 5 minute drive away.All in all its was a very busy(noted by Loring) weekend as we also went with the family and friends(all 16 of us) to the Rome Braves Sat night as part of a Fathers Day/Birthday gig for me as well. Since today is actually my B-Day I'm takin it easy and going out for a meal later at Longhorns. Hope everybodys else's weekend was as nice as mine and look forward to scrollsawing with the new toy as well as firing off a few rounds and drowning a few worms in the future
              Last edited by tommyt654; 03-24-2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

I thought I was the only one here for a penchant for Soviet era arms. I've got a Soviet SKS that I have had since college... Been through an FEG 32, and a Norinco (I know, Chinese) .45 ACP M1911A1 clone. Hated the 45, but the other 2 are good fun to shoot...

The SKS uses 7.62x39mm ammo, which used to be dirt cheap. I haven't priced up rounds for it for at least 10 years though. The SKS is far from accurate, and pretty much useless for hunting unless you are working at under 100 yds. Back in the day though, rounds for it were almost as cheap as .22 cal... Great for plinking, beating up beer cans etc...
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• tommyt654
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2008

Best price in town on that ammo with free shipping is here , http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-case-fmj.html. I have shot the sks and find it to be an OK rifle like yourself, but relatively cheap on occasions and the ammo is usually around 20-25 cents a round. Thats inexpensive IMO for a high caliber rifle vs a 22. at about half that price.

Comment

Working...