Now I know I'm hopelessly addicted to WW...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • annunaki
    • Jan 2008
    • White Springs, Florida
    • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

I remember there was one bit that was larger and more coarse than the others.
    When I saw it, chills ran down my spine as I thought "this must be the Root Canal Monster"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif

Comment

• LamoLam
      Handtools only
      • May 2012
      • Greenland
      • LamoLamTV

nothing else

I'm new here , nice thread!

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

I keep thinking about Marathon Man as I read this thread (Shudder).
        Dustin Hoffman and Sir Laurence Olivier. Is it safe?
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• phrog
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2005
          • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by annunaki
          I remember there was one bit that was larger and more coarse than the others.
          When I saw it, chills ran down my spine as I thought "this must be the Root Canal Monster"
          The root canal monster actually looks a lot like a wood screw with only a few threads and it is very flexible - kinda like an octupus' tentacles.
          Richard

Comment

• phrog
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2005
            • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by LamoLam
            I'm new here , nice thread!
            Welcome to this land of insanity LamoLam.
            Richard

Comment

• phrog
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2005
              • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by LCHIEN
              I keep thinking about Marathon Man as I read this thread (Shudder).
              Dustin Hoffman and Sir Laurence Olivier. Is it safe?
              While practicing dentistry, I kept hearing about Marathon Man but have never seen it. Have I really missed something important?
              Richard

Comment

• cabinetman
                Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                • Jun 2006
                • So. Florida
                • Delta

Originally posted by phrog
                I think that you once told me, C'man, that your father was a dentist and I would guess that is where your knowledge of dental handpieces came from.
                You're right...he was.

Comment

• cabinetman
                  • Jun 2006
                  • So. Florida
                  • Delta

While practicing dentistry, I kept hearing about Marathon Man but have never seen it. Have I really missed something important?
                  Yes you have...it's a must see. I will add another one to the must see's. You gotta see The Dentist.
                  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116075/

Comment

• Denco
                    • Mar 2003
                    • Coming soon: California
                    • BT3100

Wow, this thead took a lot of twists and turns. I ended up back at the dentist. Come to find out, I had a back molar with a crack in the root. Due to the location of the crack, it didn't show on the X-Ray. The dentist went on a hunch that it was cracked and it proved out when when being pulled. He pulled it out (in chunks). I know, TMI, but it was my thread so I get to tell it.

Thank God for dentists with 40 yrs experience, sympathetic dental assistants, and pain killers. I'm glad this is behind me. I'm being kept off work the rest of the week. I had a mini vacation planned, but this adventure changed that. Oh well, a couple of days uninterrupted in the shop over the Mem Day weekend may just be the therapy needed. (after I'm no longer on pain killers, of course).
                    *****Measure twice, cut once.....rats, back to the lumber yard.*****

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Do you want a spoiler?
                      Its a pretty good movie but by now its a bit of an oldie (1976).
                      If you like thriller- suspense movies you should rent it - It's on Netflix streaming if you have that service.
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
                        • Jun 2006
                        • So. Florida
                        • Delta

Originally posted by Denco
                        Thank God for dentists with 40 yrs experience, sympathetic dental assistants, and pain killers. I'm glad this is behind me. I'm being kept off work the rest of the week. I had a mini vacation planned, but this adventure changed that. Oh well, a couple of days uninterrupted in the shop over the Mem Day weekend may just be the therapy needed. (after I'm no longer on pain killers, of course).
                        It's good you got it taken care of. I now what you mean about dentists with a lot of experience. Fortunately the ones I have are very good. I can't complain...much.

Comment

• phrog
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2005
                          • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Marathon Man and The Dentist. Thanks, C'man and Loring. All those years practicing and I never realized that dentistry was so exciting.
                          Richard

Comment

• phrog
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2005
                            • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Wow, this thead took a lot of twists and turns. I ended up back at the dentist. Come to find out, I had a back molar with a crack in the root. Due to the location of the crack, it didn't show on the X-Ray. The dentist went on a hunch that it was cracked and it proved out when when being pulled. He pulled it out (in chunks). I know, TMI, but it was my thread so I get to tell it.

Hey Denco, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Hope everything goes okay in your recovery. Please don't do any shop work while on pain killers; that could be a real disaster.
                            Richard

Comment

• Denco
                              • Mar 2003
                              • Coming soon: California
                              • BT3100

Hey Denco, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. Hope everything goes okay in your recovery. Please don't do any shop work while on pain killers; that could be a real disaster.

No worries, Phrog, didn't feel hijacked at all. It's not uncommon for BT3 threads to take twists and turns. I find it very entertaining and, to be candid, was curious where this thread would go.

Well done, Gents.
                              *****Measure twice, cut once.....rats, back to the lumber yard.*****

Comment

• gsmittle
                                Veteran Member
                                • Aug 2004
                                • St. Louis, MO, USA.
                                • BT 3100

Not sure, but his high speed grinding tool may have said "DeWalt" on the side....or maybe I just wanted it to.
                                Maybe it was the gas…

Thanks for reminding me of Marathon Man, guys. I won't sleep tonight.

Similar to Denco's Dremel thoughts: I passed a gold 18-wheeler once time, and my first thought was PowerMatic…

g.
                                Last edited by gsmittle; 05-25-2012, 10:26 PM.
                                Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
                                Bill & Ted

Comment

Working...