• Show
Clear All
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

Craigslist Question

I made my first posting on CL a couple of days ago - an 8" DP. I want to repost every day or two, but the posting utility doesn't seem to allow it. It also promises dire consequences if I try to delete and repost.

Now, I KNOW it's possible to re-post, as a cursory look at the tools section confirms.

So what's the trick?

TIA,
    JR
    JR
  • Cubsfan
    Established Member
    • Jan 2004
    • CO.

Generally, you need to change the ad enough so that it doesn't realize it's the same ad.

Though, I will say, that's a behavior that I find very annoying (reposting continually). There's a guy around here who did that for a good 6 months.

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

There's a guy here that has been doing that for what seems forever, with a cheapie benchtop table saw that he will never see the $$ he wants for it... Every few days the same old same old...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• JR
        The Full Monte
        • Feb 2004
        • Eugene, OR
        • BT3000

Sure, I appreciate the madness that goes on. I'm just trying to sell a $40 DP. It seems like I have to wait 45 days to repost, which is a very long time, IMHO.

JR
        JR

Comment

• Mr__Bill
          Veteran Member
          • May 2007
          • Tacoma, WA
          • BT3000

If you set up two accounts you can post from each, then it's not as long of a wait. Sometimes you can change the advert text and pictures and post it again as a new one. Often this gets the advert flagged and pulled if it starts to bother someone.

Bill

Comment

• radhak
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2006
            • Miramar, FL
            • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

I dunno about the dire warnings, but I have deleted/reposted a couple of times within days, and nobody has broken my door down to get me, yet .

Go for it - what's the worst can happen? CL will not allow you to post in their 'intimate personals', right?

Oh, sorry - they closed that down, I hear, not that I would know anything bout it myself .
            It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
            - Aristotle

Comment

• BobSch
              • Aug 2004
              • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
              • BT3100

Post different photos, too. The same pic is a dead giveaway that it's the same item.
              Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                Internet Fact Checker
                • Dec 2002
                • Katy, TX, USA.
                • BT3000 vintage 1999

its very annoying to see the same post over and over.
                If just brwosing it may take a while for them to see an older post, but if they have a specific search it should pop up in a page or two.
                Loring in Katy, TX USA
                If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Shep
                  • Nov 2008
                  • Columbus, OH
                  • Hitachi C10FL

I've let my posts go awhile without reposting. People still find me. I think most people that search craigslist know how to search for what they want. I would only re-post if their is a lot of compitition to sell drill presses.
                  -Justin

shepardwoodworking.webs.com

...you can thank me later.

Comment

• JoeyGee
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2005
                    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                    • BT3100-1

I don't like seeing the same ads over and over, but I agree, the 45 days is excessive. I post for a week, and if an item doesn't sell, I will delete and re-post. Generally, I lower the price, which to me justifies a new posting.
                    Joe

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by JoeyGee
                      I don't like seeing the same ads over and over, but I agree, the 45 days is excessive. I post for a week, and if an item doesn't sell, I will delete and re-post. Generally, I lower the price, which to me justifies a new posting.
                      I would think that's reasonable and acceptable.

I would think the 45 days thing is to keep businesses from using CL as a primary advertising tool.
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...