• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I've been told that if I were any more laid back I'd slip into a coma so I've only been angry once that I can recall and it was about ten years ago. I do get annoyed often. It irritates me when people don't do their jobs, can't tell the difference between a car window and an ashtray, or they are rude in general.

My other pet peeve is the routine butchering of the English language. Particular annoyances are the improper uses of less vs. fewer, then vs. than, and the big one is the Mens or Ladies or Ladie's room. It's Men's and Ladies'

The one time I actually got angry.
    I was working on a project in Denver and had consultants, both a program designer and a developer that had failed to do their job and threw up their hands when a data conversion failed and recommended the project be delayed because they had to catch a flight home for the weekend. I came a little unhinged when my boss agreed; I told him to sit down, shut up, and stay out of the way and basically declared mutiny. After three very long days, the conversion was done and reconciled. They'd been working on this for a year and we started from scratch and completed it in three days. The following week I was both formally reprimanded for insubordination and promoted.
    Chr's

Comment

• messmaker
      Veteran Member
      • May 2004
      • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
      • Ridgid 2424

My other pet peeve is the routine butchering of the English language. Particular annoyances are the improper uses of less vs. fewer, then vs. than, and the big one is the Mens or Ladies or Ladie's room. It's Men's and Ladies'

__________________________________________________ _________________________

English is spoken all over the world. It is generally understood that English in it's most pure form is spoken in the U.S. Just be glad you don't live elsewhere.
      spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by messmaker

English is spoken all over the world. It is generally understood that English in it's most pure form is spoken in the U.S. Just be glad you don't live elsewhere.
        I DO live elsewhere (at least until mid-December) and the Engrish here is plum funny at times! What has amazed me is that many Japanese cannot distinguish the difference in an "R" sound versus an "L" sound. To many of them, those two sounds are the same!
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• RAFlorida
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2008
          • Green Swamp in Central Florida. Gator property!
          • Ryobi BT3000

"What Makes You Mad/Angry?"

People asking me "What Makes You Mad/Angry?"!
          Basically people that will not work or hold down a job and drain our welfare system. I get unglued about those blankity blank people. Then some of them will live off mom or pop or both. Those parents worked all their lives so junior could go to college and have something nice, but yet he (or she) becomes a member of the unemployed. Man, I gotta shut-up before I get banned for life!

Post script: this in no way is meant to attack those on this forum whom have suffered loss of a job because of what-ever reason. So please don't come down on me too much. (being a woodworker shows that you have quality to your life.)

Comment

• twistsol
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
            • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Originally posted by messmaker

Maybe I should have clarified that it annoys me when people who ought to know better can't speak or write their native language.
            Chr's

Comment

Working...