• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Depending on the condition, clean it up, and find a loving home for it, say perhaps next to your existing saw set up for a dado?
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• sscherin
      • Dec 2003
      • Kennewick, WA, USA.

I gave it a longer run.. after about 1 min the motor slowed to half speed then started making a strange noise like it's got a bad bearing..

I thought about getting it back to running condition but I'd need the side blade housing cover, the left side case panel, tilt lock handle, height hand wheel, blade guard (gota get a shark) fence and SMT. Quite a load of stuff it needs. Oh and fix the motor now..

As it is I should sell what I can, slap a top on the base and mount my little drill press & bench grinder on it.

Oh the blade guard isn't BT.. I don't know what it is..
      William's Law--
      There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it
      cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

Comment

• lbh
        Forum Newbie
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by sscherin
        I gave it a longer run.. after about 1 min the motor slowed to half speed then started making a strange noise like it's got a bad bearing..

I thought about getting it back to running condition but I'd need the side blade housing cover, the left side case panel, tilt lock handle, height hand wheel, blade guard (gota get a shark) fence and SMT. Quite a load of stuff it needs. Oh and fix the motor now..

As it is I should sell what I can, slap a top on the base and mount my little drill press & bench grinder on it.

Oh the blade guard isn't BT.. I don't know what it is..
        So are you willing to sell out the parts then? If so, I'll take the rails.

Comment

• sscherin
          • Dec 2003
          • Kennewick, WA, USA.

The Junkyard BT just keeps on giving

I saw a BT3000 on CL today for $50 that needs belts..

I brought it home for $40.. salvaged the belts from the JYBT and it's good as new..
          I need a guard and SMT fence but I can't complain..

Feels good to be back in the BT family
          Last edited by sscherin; 05-02-2010, 10:21 PM.
          William's Law--
          There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it
          cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
            The Full Monte
            • May 2007
            • Sunshine State
            • BT3000

It's amazing how many lives some of these little saws have in 'em...

Comment

• Gary L
              Forum Newbie
              • Mar 2007
              • Forestburgh, NY
              • BT 3000 and Porter Cable

I've had my BT 3000 for over 10 years now and use it all the time. I think every time I build another cabinet, speaker enclosure of piece of Mission Oak furniture I get a little more impressed with it.

When I first bought it I figured it for a few years of service and then just buy another cheap saw. At this point I will be one of the guys here searching for those parts if something on mine breaks.

I drag it with me in my job trailer and added a nice router quick lift. I can load and unload it by myself and it truely is a very nice saw.

I have had many table saws and some that broke the bank and my back but this BT 3000 is a keeper.

Gary

Comment

Working...