• Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Fat Tire

is a very tasty beer. Went to dinner tonight and decided to try it. Soon after I got it my glass was suddenly empty. On the way home I stopped at Walmart and discovered they sell it. I guess I will let them see my reciepts so I can keep shopping there.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.
  • Bill Anderson
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2007

Actually it is a very good beer, IMO. I found it at Sam's Club. IIRC, it is from a small brewery, which I like to support small businesses.

Comment

• twistsol
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
      • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I've never been a beer fan, but Fat Tire is one of the few beers I've really enjoyed.
      Chr's

Comment

• catta12
        Established Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Reno, NV
        • BTS20R

Used to live in Fort Collins, CO. Nothing like Fat Tire from the source in a growler.
        If you can read this you assembled wrong.

Alan

Comment

• Cubsfan
          Established Member
          • Jan 2004
          • CO.

I live a few miles away from the brewery. The best is when they do their bike-in movies. Nothing like a Fat Tire while watching a movie outside!

Comment

• mpc
            • Feb 2005
            • Cypress, CA, USA.
            • BT3000 orig 13amp model

The local sports bar where retired folks from my company get together just switched from Sierra Nevada to Fat Tire. Though the retirees said Fat Tire wasn't bad, they prefer/miss their Sierra. It looks like the bar is going to bring back Sierra and toss Sam Adams instead.

Some of them had heard of Fat Tire though most hadn't heard of it. "Flat Tire? What kind of stupid name for a beer is that? Just what I need: the name of the beer to remind me of the spare tire gut I'll get drinking it." "No, not 'FLAT TIRE' - it's 'FAT! TIRE'" "Whatever." I'll have to dig up some info on Fat Tire and show it to the guys.

mpc

Comment

• thestinker
              • Oct 2005
              • Fort Worth, TX, USA.

ehhhh...its ok

I kinda consider myself a bit of a beer enthusiast, I like everything from miller high life to strong IPAs, even into the dark beer region. I have tried fat tire a few times thinking that maybe my taste had changed, or just to give it another chance, but I just don't like that. So far, I'm not a real fan of anything from that brewery. In addition to fat tire I've also had 1554 and blue paddle. None of which were all that terrible, but for what the beer costs, there are some I like a whole lot better in that price range. There are some of Sam Addams I absolutely love, and for the same 8$ or so a six pack, why not have something you love instead of something thats just ok.

Not trying to bash anyones favorite beer....I hear all the time how terrible high life and lone star are, but its what I like to drink when I eat pizza or hot wings. Its not for everyone, but that doesn't stop me from having one.
              Awww forget trying to fix it!!!! Lets just drink beer

Comment

• jackellis
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2003
                • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
                • BT3100

I'm familiar with the beer but when I say the title, I started wondering...

Comment

• Hoover
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2003
                  • USA.

Another beer to try is Moose Drool, brewed in Missoula,Mt. It's a newer brewery, and check out the website. I like their posters, and of course the beer.
                  http://store.bigskybrew.com/
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Hoover; 03-06-2010, 02:33 PM. Reason: added posters
                  No good deed goes unpunished

Comment

• drillman88
                    • Dec 2007
                    • Southeast
                    • Delta Platinum Edition Contractor Saw

I tried it once in draft form and didnt care for it my neighbor talked me into giving it a try from the bottle and I liked it fairly well. I generally enjoy draft beer more but i guess this may be the exeption. I prefer Blue Moon or Sierra Neveda but it wasn't bad from the bottle.
                    I think therefore I .....awwww where is that remote.

Comment

• tseavoy
                      Established Member
                      • May 2009
                      • Nordland, Marrowstone Island, Washington
                      • Older 9 inch Rockwell Delta (1960?)

I have liked beer since the first time I tasted it. I think I was 6 years old.
                      Out here in the Pacific Northwest there are quite a few microbreweries and I have tried most of them including Fat Tire (yes, from Colorado). Port Townsend has a brewery with the imaginative name of Port Townsend Brewery and they make good beer. Only sold in 25 oz bottles.
                      After all that tasting I still come back to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, made in Chico, Ca.
                      I do like Sam Adams lager and when I'm traveling I often have it at the airport (at outrageous prices) since airport bars seem to carry it.
                      By the Way, you who are complaining about $8 a sixpac beer, just go to Norway where one bottle will cost you nine dollars! (I paid it).

Tom on Marrowstone

If at first you don't succeed, give up. You're making a fool of yourself.

Comment

• natausch
                        Established Member
                        • Aug 2009
                        • Aurora, IL
                        • BT3000 - 15A

New Belgium is a great brewery, like their other offerings as well.

But, my favorite is Two Brothers, just down the road from me, very interesting style and the other brother runs their restaurant which is outstanding.

Comment

• Ed62
                          The Full Monte
                          • Oct 2006
                          • NW Indiana
                          • BT3K

It's about 30 years too late for me.

Ed
                          Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• Cubsfan
                            Established Member
                            • Jan 2004
                            • CO.

New Belgium is using some beetle-kill pine for bike racks on this year's bikes:

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs....ID=20103090307

Comment

• germdoc
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2003
                              • Omaha, NE
                              • BT3000--the gray ghost

I like most of their beers. Their Belgium-style Trippel is awesome--about 8% alcohol, as I recall. After 2 I have to go to bed...
                              Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

Working...