Clear All
  • germdoc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Omaha, NE
    • BT3000--the gray ghost

New Year's Eve plans

What is everyone doing for the big day?

I don't have plans. My fiance's stuck in Omaha, I'm stuck in Wisconsin. My friends who host an annual NY eve soiree have another engagement, so no parties I can wrangle an invitation to.

Chances are I'll watch a movie, then about 11:55 go outside with a hot toddy and watch the fireworks on Granddad's Bluff from my front porch. Then go inside and warm up with the cats...
    Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire
  • jking
    • May 2003
    • Des Moines, IA.
    • BT3100

We'll put the boys to bed at 8:00 and then if there's a bowl game on, watch until we decide to give up. We'll probably be in bed by 10:00.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Gonna travel the party circuit, and try to remember where I left my car...

Comment

• billwmeyer
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Weir, Ks, USA.
        • BT3000

I think we will actually get to stay home by ourselves this year. We have never been able to do that in the 38 years we have been married. I am looking forward to it. On the other hand, our daughters may change their mind and come to our house to play games as they usually do. That is great too.

Happy New Year everyone!

Bill
        "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

A few of the in laws will be at the house, We are doing a dinner party with Tamales, Bratkartoffeln mit Kraut, Black Eyed Peas, and Corn Bread...

(Yeah, we are blending traditions...)

Catch the ball drop on the boob toob, and enjoy beverages containing rum...
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• billwmeyer
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2003
            • Weir, Ks, USA.
            • BT3000

Originally posted by dbhost
            A few of the in laws will be at the house, We are doing a dinner party with Tamales, Bratkartoffeln mit Kraut, Black Eyed Peas, and Corn Bread...

(Yeah, we are blending traditions...)

Catch the ball drop on the boob toob, and enjoy beverages containing rum...
            I hope you stock up on Alka Seltzer and Rolaids! Actually that sounds like fun.

Bill
            "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• gsmittle
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2004
              • St. Louis, MO, USA.
              • BT 3100

Staying home… New Year's Eve is Amateur Night and I have no desire to be out with the crazies.

We'll watch movies until midnight, watch the ball drop, drink a little celebratory Sparkling Grape Juice, and go to bed. I lead such a hectic life.

g.
              Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
              Bill & Ted

Comment

• leehljp
                Just me
                • Dec 2002
                • Tunica, MS
                • BT3000/3100

This is our last NYE and NY in Japan. Nothing planned except to work in my little shop until about 9 or 10 and then watch the NY parties in Japanese until midnight with LOML.

I am ready to be back with grandkids and family. Wife's family always has a big get together between Christmas and New Years and my brother in laws and nephews watch New Years football together! I sure miss it.

To get involved in things over here is to get involved in huge traffic jams! No thanks! The US has NO traffic jams like holiday traffic in Japan - with 30K and 50K (and more) backups that are 2 to 6 hours long (on the expressways). New Years Eve and Day are usually not that bad but the days before and after are, especially from noon to 2 AM or so.
                Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Rolly
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Jan 2006
                  • Titusville, Florida, USA.
                  • BT3100

This is a little bit of an unusual NYE - normally I lay low. My wife and I are playing golf with three other couples, and then heading up to Jacksonville for the Gator Bowl New Years Day to watch Bobby's last game as FSU coach. Happy New Year to all!

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2006
                    • On the TARDIS
                    • BT 3100

Number one daughter will be out at a party so it will only be LOML, #2 daughter and myself. I'll have a few drinks, put a dvd in the box, and be in bed around five after twelve.
                    From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• annunaki
                      • Jan 2008
                      • White Springs, Florida
                      • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

Go down the road 12 miles to Lake City w/two neighbors and a visiting sister of one of them (that is going to the game w/him in Jax on Jan1), for a really great Chinese Dinner at a Rest.

After wards, homeward bound, and listen to Art Bell on "Coast to Coast" radio, with Dogs and maybe a nice fire going (this is North Fla-54* thur nite, 34* fri nite, 31* sat nite)

This will have us leave the roads early before the amateurs stagger out to their SUV's, and go "Bubba Bumping".
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif

Comment

• smorris
                        • Apr 2003
                        • Tampa, Florida, USA.

No real plans here. We don't like to venture out on that particular evening and it's our wedding anniversary so we'll just stay in, watch a movie or something.
                        --
                        Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice

Comment

• crokett
                          The Full Monte
                          • Jan 2003
                          • Mebane, NC, USA.
                          • Ryobi BT3000

Not much here. We are down at the beach through Saturday but no baby-sitter so won't go out anywhere.
                          David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• jackellis
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2003
                            • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
                            • BT3100

Stay home like we always do. Some friends are coming up to stay for a few days and we may drink some champagne around dinnertime. LOML will be in bed by 9. I probably won't make it past 11.

Comment

• TB Roye
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2004
                              • Sacramento, CA, USA.
                              • BT3100

Go to an early dinner at Outback Steak House. Then to a early Movie and home by 9:30 asleep by 11:30 awake at Midnight to the gunfire. They don't do fireworks, they shoot guns off in this area. Some years it sounds like Bagdad.

Happy New Year everybody.

Tom

Comment

Working...