I went to get in my truck this morning which was parked on the street in front of my house, and my side view driverside mirror was complelety shattered and broken. Some idiot must have rammed it with his car. What ticks me off the most is that there was no note, no insurance info, no knock on my door to appologize. Some people just don't have any respect and decency. Needless to say my morning did NOT start off well!
Some people are jerks, rant
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
-
You sure you're not living in NYC.
Its happened to me countless times. Most people unfortunately are swine (with apology to the pigs).
Bruce"Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
Samuel Colt did"

Comment
-
Nah, it wasn't a bat, they're rabid
Bruce"Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
Samuel Colt did"

Comment
-
Fortunately, the vast majority of people are not jerks, but running across the occasional one really ruins your day. Sorry to hear about your truck though.Chr's
__________
An ethical man knows the right thing to do.
A moral man does it.Comment
-
I ran into another guys boat trailer at a public launch a few years ago. It was a pretty nice trailer, nicer than mine, with fiberglass around the lights which got dinged in addition to the lens over the light. I did the right thing and left a note. It cost me a few hundred dollars. It was the thing to do but writing the check for the damages was not the easiest thing I've ever done. I parked more carefully after this. The guy I hit was nice about it and very surprised that I left a note.
I have a long scratch down the side of my SUV. I think it goes through the clearcoat. Whoever did this had to know they did it. But they did the typical thing - no note, no nothing.
JimComment
-
Take solace in the knowledge that, for every jerk, there's an even bigger AH out there looking for him...
Comment
-
A week after I installed the brush guard on my truck, I was parked at my local grocery store. A fellow with a late 80's F350 dually, the kind with the fiberglass rear fenders was parked next to me. When I came out of the store, there were scratches in my brush guard, and hunks of fiberglass on the ground underneath it, in that same Ford dark blue paint color as that F350...
I am guessing that the guy pulled through and had no idea where his fenders were, but with the amount of fiberglass that got taken off, he HAD to notice...
No note, no nothing... I figure two little scratches, versus his now ripped up fender was a fair trade...Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.Comment
-
Same gripe here, come back to the truck in the parking lot and find a tail light lens smashed...no note. The thing with the note is that one could be left saying: "Sorry about the damage to your truck. So, I thought I would leave you a note...in case anyone is watching..."
.Comment
-
LOML found a note on her windshield a while back, along with a dent in the driver's door, and some stripped off trim. The note read something like "Thanks for being a jackass and leaving your car where I could hit it...". Nice.Comment

twistsol
Comment