• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobSch
    • Aug 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Musing over fireworks

As I sit here watching the fireworks, I'm reminded of what they stand for and how fortunate I am to be living in a country that offers the freedoms we so often take for granted. Lets all raise our glasses in a toast to all those who helped secure those freedoms and those who continue to put themselves between us and those who would take them from us.
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Our fireworks have been cancelled this year due to drought...

This really sucks.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by dbhost
      Our fireworks have been cancelled this year due to drought...

This really sucks.
      we're unincorporated out here, so personal fireworks are legal. But we have the same drought as DBHost. Only one brief rain in the last two-three weeks and 100+ everyday. So I just stand outside and watch the neighbors and hope nobody sets my roof or dryshrubs on fire with a spent bottle rocket or such.

It was just too hot and humid so we didn't go to any of the public fireworks shows. I do love fireworks, though.
      these from last years Katy show:

And I do love what they stand for - agree on a toast to American Freedoms.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-05-2009, 02:18 AM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

It's unfortunate that to have freedom and enjoy our liberties that it took and will take some pushing and shoving. For some of us, the "reminder days" are every day.

Comment

• radhak
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2006
          • Miramar, FL
          • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

yup - the fireworks are but a counting of our blessings! we went despite possiblity of rain, and the parking was horrendous...but that only shows everybody liked to be out there

our local display, yesterday ( larger size pics here) :

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
          - Aristotle

Comment

Working...