• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

I got a day with the wife, both sons, my daughter-in-law,a and my granddaughter. The various items passed out in bright paper and ribbons don't really matter.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by ragswl4
      I have been wondering how the 2000/3000 might work for sharpening turning chisels. Sounds like it works pretty well. The 2000 looks perfect for that task. Let us know how you like it in a month or so of use. Also any tricks or techniques for sharpening lathe tools would be great. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Omideto Gozaimas. (Spelling??)
      I will have two or three whole days during New Years week to catch up on some work in my little shop. I will be sharpening some expensive Japanese chisels given to me as a set 6 years ago and never sharpened or used. I am also curious as to how well I can sharpen some of the more complex woodturning chisels.

I will give a subjective report on this in about a week.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Originally posted by Pappy
        I got a day with the wife, both sons, my daughter-in-law,a and my granddaughter. The various items passed out in bright paper and ribbons don't really matter.

Same here. That is an ultimate gift. Memories and pictures last longer than soap-on-a-rope.

Comment

• MikeMcM1956
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2008
          • Sugar Land, TX
          • BT3100 & 1950 Delta Unisaw

A wonderful day spent with the family, as they say in the commercials, priceless.

My 21yo son got me a 3/4" Sorby gouge and a Sorby Easybeader. Used the gouge last night on some hardwood, like a hot knife through butter compared to my current HF tools. I'm sure the single gouge cost more than my entire current set from HF, but I guess I'll have to start upgrading one piece at a time.

The bride and I were in Rockler a few weeks ago and one of the staff said "I met your son the other day, real nice young man". If looks could kill, my wife would have dropped him in his tracks right there. At that point I knew Christmas would bring me a few toys.

He also got me a few small turning kits and blanks. But again, the best gift was family time....

Mike

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Pappy
            Excellent point.... And I don't mean to brag, but LOML and I just got back from a week in Cancun... We had a nice, quiet day at home... What I liked about the gifts from LOML is that she is paying attention to what I like. That is very cool...
            Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...