• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

yeah that real funny, but its hard to embaress a recorded message.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

We get it too, at least twice a week, maybe more. I also get it on my buisiness line. Its a real PITA as you cant shout (at least not effectively) at a recording.

As others have mentioned its a total phishing expedition. We have 2 cars - both hondas and well within the manufacturers warranty.

We are also getting another recording calling us about our credit cards. It starts with something like " we are calling about an issue with you credit card..." and then eventually goes into how if we call them they can get us a lower rate, reduce debt etc etc yada yada yady....

Many times these are blocked numbrs so I dont even know how to report them, I may try the phone company.
      Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
      techzibits.com

Comment

• jaywood
        Established Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Lexington, KY, USA.

I got a couple of those calls and decided to actually talk to their representative. His first question to me was... "What year, make and model is your automobile". My response was "You tell ME... you're the one that called to say my warranty is running out. Tell me which car it's running out on". His response was "UH... it's the main car you drive". I told him that we own three vehicles and I needed to know which one they called me about.

He quickly hung up and they've not called back since!
        Happy to have all 9 1/2 fingers!

Comment

• JeffG78
          Established Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
          • BT3100

I had better hurry, because the warranty is going to run out on BOTH of my cars any day now. One is a 20 year old Toyota pickup with 248,000 miles and the other is a 30 year old Datsun 280Z.

I would love to have them sell me a warranty

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
            The Full Monte
            • May 2007
            • Sunshine State
            • BT3000

Originally posted by JeffG78
            I had better hurry, because the warranty is going to run out on BOTH of my cars any day now. One is a 20 year old Toyota pickup with 248,000 miles and the other is a 30 year old Datsun 280Z.

I would love to have them sell me a warranty
            I still get mail addressed to my father... He's been dead for 26 years, and never lived at this address... Heck, this address didn't even exist when he was alive...

I guess before we complain too loudly, we could stop for a minute and appreciate that we are not the poor chump who's actually trying to make a living doing these calls... This is a job that would truly have to SUCK... ...all day, every day...

Comment

• docrowan
              • Mar 2007
              • New Albany, MS
              • BT3100

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
              I guess before we complain too loudly, we could stop for a minute and appreciate that we are not the poor chump who's actually trying to make a living doing these calls... This is a job that would truly have to SUCK... ...all day, every day...
              Most of these type operations chew through low paid employees and college students at a 400% turnover rate. I guess it takes about 90 days for the employee's morality to kick in and they realize they are participating in a rip off scheme that takes advantage of those that are least able to afford it or defend themselves from it.
              - Chris.

Comment

• poolhound
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2006
                • Phoenix, AZ
                • BT3100

10 mins ago my business line rang and who was it - yup its them but apparently today its only my second warning.

I have to laugh when they say it my final warning and I have been known to swear at the phone and say " so if this is my final warning, why the F*** do you keep calling me..."
                Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
                techzibits.com

Comment

Working...