• Show
Clear All
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

This is your second and final notice...

I keep getting these darn phone calls. Its a recording and starts like this: " this is your second and final notice - your autombile warranty is about to run out and leave you with no protection..."

For starters, I never buy a extended car warranty - I don't have any that would run out, all my cars are older than the new car warranties.

I never received the "first" notice and despite their assurance its the final notice they keep calling over and over again. They called me on my cell phone and my office phone and I would never leave those as contact numbers for waarrnty agreement.

Its clear these guys are just fishing and trying to scare you into talking to them. The numbers seem to come from 2 or three area codes. same exchange but different numbers.

I used to hang up and a couple of times I pushed the code for don't call me again at the end, but they keep calling. Once they called me when I was abroad in Rome and hit me for overseas roaming costs.

Aren't these unsolicited calls prohibited? Anybody else get them?
    (OK, I registerd with donotcall.gov) for these numbers)
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 08-31-2008, 01:55 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions
  • sscherin
    • Dec 2003
    • Kennewick, WA, USA.

My coworker was getting those calls..
    when she started asking questions like name address and phone number they hung up on her.
    It's a scam..
    William's Law--
    There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it
    cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

Comment

• cgallery
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Milwaukee, WI
      • BT3K

Well, post their phone #'s and we can all start calling THEM. Let's see how THEY like it.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
        The Full Monte
        • May 2007
        • Sunshine State
        • BT3000

They don't pre-screen your data to weed you out, even if you don't own a car. It's just easier for them to call everybody. If they sling enough poop at the wall, eventually some of it will stick. The wording is designed to add some urgency to the issue, and make you think that you must act fast to avoid a disaster. And the national "no-call" list is so full of exceptions and caveats that it really doesn't exclude very much at all, so don't put much faith in it.

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
          Veteran Member
          • May 2003
          • Nanuet, NY, USA.
          • BT3100

Yup,

Been getting them too. Funny thing is all my cars are leased. Therefore, I don't need no stinking warranties. Just proves how messed upthere database is.

Bruce
          "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
          Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Bruce Cohen
            Yup,

Been getting them too. Funny thing is all my cars are leased. Therefore, I don't need no stinking warranties. Just proves how messed upthere database is.

Bruce
            I don't think there is a database - juts random calls, They're hoping a percentage of calls hit those who might have a warranty or at least a car and makes them panic. The calls are carefully worded to make you worry.

I'm wondering how i can get their name and report them.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• StickSeler
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2003
              • Alexandria, Virginia, USA.

listen to the whole msg, they tell you to press 9 or something to be removed. I did that a few times and havent gotten a call in a while.

or you can just do this http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238538
              Of course Lumber is expensive,what do you think, it grows on trees

http://www.rjkniatt.com

Comment

• smorris
                • Apr 2003
                • Tampa, Florida, USA.

We get those, not as much as we used to though.

I get their number and call them back...and point out that phone spamming the head of the security department for a telecommunications company isn't the best idea they ever had. They draw their own conclusions and don't call again.
                --
                Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice

Comment

• Wood_workur
                  Veteran Member
                  • Aug 2005
                  • Ohio
                  • Ryobi bt3100-1

you guys are too nice.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

try that.
                  Alex

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                    The Full Monte
                    • May 2007
                    • Sunshine State
                    • BT3000

DO NOT hit "9" to be "removed from our list". Also, DO NOT follow "opt out" links in spam e-mails. This tells them there is a live person at your number or address who listens to or reads their crap. More often than not, this just gets you moved to the front of the line...

Comment

• Russianwolf
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2004
                      • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
                      • One of them there Toy saws

call your telephone company and inform them of the time and date of the call. Have them block the caller as a harrassing call.
                      Mike
                      Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• jgrobler
                        Established Member
                        • Dec 2005
                        • Salinas, CA, USA.
                        • TS3650

I'm getting them too, also my wife, and several co-workers. Very annoying. I also get the calls from several different numbers and area codes. That makes it difficult to ignore the call.

Comment

• ragswl4
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2007
                          • Winchester, Ca
                          • C-Man 22114

Not only do they call but I get a letter or flyer at least once a week. They have called my home phone and CEL phone a number of times. I called them and asked to be taken off their calling list, but no use. They just keep calling.
                          RAGS
                          Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                          sigpic

Comment

• JeffG78
                            Established Member
                            • Jan 2007
                            • Northville, Michigan - a Detroit suburb
                            • BT3100

I have gotten a few, but none recently. A friend at work, however, gets about six calls a day from them - all on his cell phone. He has called Sprint with no luck. They told him there was nothing they could do. We did a google search on each phone number and they all came up as generic telemarketers. The telemarketing companies call about lots of different stuff, not just extended warranties. I'm not sure if the Do Not Call list for cell phones would help or not. I guess if everybody reported each phone number the companies use for solicitations, they would be fined heavily and put out of business in a hurry.

I hate sales calls! I got rid of my land line in 2002 and couldn't be happier. For the most part, I no longer get sales calls, political ads, or non-profit calls.

Comment

• jussi
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Wood_workur
                              you guys are too nice.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

try that.
                              Wow that has to be one of the funniest things I've heard. My stomach still hurts from laughing so much.
                              I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Working...