• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crokett
    The Full Monte
    • Jan 2003
    • Mebane, NC, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

I don't really care what other people do to their bodies. Actually that's not true. Being the chauvinist that I am I care much more about an otherwise attractive woman with a tatoo or piercings in weird spots than I do a guy. It makes her unattractive.
    David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Tom Slick
      Veteran Member
      • May 2005
      • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
      • sears BT3 clone

To me it's normal, but I don't care for it. When other things become pierced I think it's weird.
      Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Alex Franke
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2007
        • Chapel Hill, NC
        • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by jonmulzer
        LMAO!! Alex, you are putting WAY too much thought into a fairly mindless topic. (not disrespecting the poster, or this topic, but let's face it this is not like one of the physics topics, lol)
        Yeah, I pretty much think too much about everything. lol ...but now you got me thinking about physics again. :|
        online at http://www.theFrankes.com
        while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
        "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• jonmulzer
          • Dec 2007
          • Indianapolis, IN

Originally posted by Bruce Cohen
          I've got my ear pierced and a tattoo, want to make something of it

Bruce
          As do I. An Industrial through my right ear and a tattoo you could not cover with one hand on my right shoulder blade. Everyone around me is used to the Industrial, no one pays attention to it anymore. No one figures me for a tattoo though because I am otherwise clean cut. I worked one job for over two years before it came up in a conversation after work over beers. I mentioned I had a tattoo and everyone said I was FOS. When I showed them, they about fell over. Just never thought me the type I guess......

Yeah, I pretty much think too much about everything. lol ...but now you got me thinking about physics again. :|
          So do I. I have to stop myself often or I suffer from analysis paralysis. It helps out on my woodworking projects though. If it is something I have wanted to build for a while, I already have all the processes and measurements in my head. It amazes a friend of mine. That is how much I overthink things. lol
          "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• Bruce Cohen
            Veteran Member
            • May 2003
            • Nanuet, NY, USA.
            • BT3100

Now a guy with a tear-drop tattooed under his eye, well that's a whole different story and it don't matter what the size of his earring is.

If you don't understabd the above, ask anyone in law enforcement.

Bruce
            "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
            Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• Pappy
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 (x2)

Originally posted by Bruce Cohen
              Now a guy with a tear-drop tattooed under his eye, well that's a whole different story and it don't matter what the size of his earring is.

If you don't understand the above, ask anyone in law enforcement.

Bruce
              Most of those guys are still punks trying to be badass.

On the topic, I had a blonde pass me on the way home today. Between the hardware in the face, the wierd clothes, and the hair style, I never did figure if IT was male or female.
              Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
              Fools because they have to say something.
              Plato

Comment

• jackellis
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2003
                • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
                • BT3100

None of that stuff for me either. Body disfigurement is a barbaric practice IMHO. I'm so strong in my opinions about this that I refuse to allow my daughter to have her ears pierced until after she turns 18.
                In general, I'm not a fan of intentionally putting holes in one's body although as a kid, I sometimes had to get two or three shots a week. The one exception I'd make is for earrings because I like the way they look on women. As I found out while trying to buy some for my wife, most styles are only available for pierced ears. Worse, the clip-on kinds get uncomfortable after a while (think about wearing a spring clamp on your ear lobe for a few hours) and they tend to fall off easily. My wife would get her ears pierced if she could but in her case, it leads to some unusual (keloid?) scarring.
                Last edited by jackellis; 07-15-2008, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• cabinetman
                  Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                  • Jun 2006
                  • So. Florida
                  • Delta

Originally posted by dbhost
                  I was a child of the 1980's hair bands, and guys with earrings. To my world experience, it's normal. Just like to todays kids tattoos are normal. Kind of scary to think of what's next...

What's next!!! Everything has been pretty much used to draw attention. Maybe this is what's next. We should show this to Bruce.

http://www.ezakwantu.com/Lip%20Plugs.jpg

Comment

• jonmulzer
                    • Dec 2007
                    • Indianapolis, IN

People in the US already put plates in their ears, lips cannot be far behind. That picture looks like he pierced it with the AK on his shoulder.
                    "A fine beer may be judged with just one sip, but it is better to be thoroughly sure"

Comment

• RayintheUK
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2003
                      • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
                      • Ryobi BT3000

I really don't get it with piercing - some people I've seen are probably worth more as scrap!

On women, ear-rings can be an attractive adornment, but who are the men who choose to wear them trying to attract or impress? Or is it supposed to mean or prove something else - I certainly have never felt the need. Mind you, no amount of jewellery would make me any more attractive!

Regarding tattoos, I'd guess that many are going to regret in later years the decisions they took in their youth. The only one I might consider is a discreet notation of my blood type but, knowing my luck, that would be the bit missing after the accident anyway.

Ray.
                      Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• cabinetman
                        • Jun 2006
                        • So. Florida
                        • Delta

Originally posted by RayintheUK
                        I really don't get it with piercing - some people I've seen are probably worth more as scrap!

On women, ear-rings can be an attractive adornment, but who are the men who choose to wear them trying to attract or impress? Or is it supposed to mean or prove something else - I certainly have never felt the need. Mind you, no amount of jewellery would make me any more attractive!

Regarding tattoos, I'd guess that many are going to regret in later years the decisions they took in their youth. The only one I might consider is a discreet notation of my blood type but, knowing my luck, that would be the bit missing after the accident anyway.

Ray.

Ray...you got me thinkin' now. Maybe I'll just get my address tatted on me somewhere so when I get too old and feeble to remember where I live they can point me home from the lumberyard.

Comment

• pelligrini
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2007
                          • Fort Worth, TX
                          • Craftsman 21829

I've still got a little gold hoop in my earlobe that I put there in high school ('85). Had to do it myself because the jewlry store in the mall wouldn't do it without my folks there since I was under 18.

I never have really liked tattoos.
                          Erik

Comment

• cabinetman
                            • Jun 2006
                            • So. Florida
                            • Delta

Originally posted by pelligrini
                            I've still got a little gold hoop in my earlobe that I put there in high school ('85). Had to do it myself because the jewlry store in the mall wouldn't do it without my folks there since I was under 18.

I never have really liked tattoos.

Just curious...why did you do that?

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                              Bandsaw Box Momma
                              • Apr 2005
                              • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Originally posted by Black wallnut
                              None of that stuff for me either. Body disfigurement is a barbaric practice IMHO. I'm so strong in my opinions about this that I refuse to allow my daughter to have her ears pierced until after she turns 18.
                              This is true and right now our daughter really wants her ears pierced but now she knows that she must wait.

Okay and to ask another stupid question WHAT THE HECK IN AN INDUSTRIAL? Is that one of those earrings that puts a hole in your ear?

And you should see some of the people that come in to where I work at night. I have seen a couple of girls with their "bellys" pierced, not just a bellybutton piercing but a couple of matching piercings on either side of the bellybutton and a few I have seen that have a piercing around the cleavage area...All I can say about that is "ouch"
                              Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• MikeMcCoy
                                • Nov 2004
                                • Moncks Corner, SC, USA.
                                • Delta Contractor Saw

No ear holes with me and they are frowned on at my place of work. I normally would not be considered the tatoo type but wound up with an angel tatooed on my right shoulder after being acquited of some nasty negligent manslaughter charges. That was 32 years ago and I never regretted gettin it. I did have it redone about 5 years ago since it was fading from too much sun and age.

Comment

Working...