X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobSch
    • Aug 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

Warren Buffet, the CEO of Birkshire Hathaway, and one of the richest men in the country, used to drive around in a ten-year-old car and dress like a regular Joe. No ostentation for him.
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• scmhogg
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2003
      • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
      • BT3000

I wear tennis shorts and polo shirts year round. I'm always hot. I only wear three piece suits when I have to go to court. Some of my clients don't recognize me when I'm in a suit.

I came from England when I was 8. At the time, boys wore short pants until they were 14. My school uniform was grey wool shorts, white shirt and St. Andrews' tie and a maroon blazer.

In America, when I was allowed to wear long pants at 8, I felt like I had stolen something. Now I am in my 60's and I'm back in short pants.

Steve
      I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Originally posted by scmhogg
        I wear tennis shorts and polo shirts year round. I'm always hot. I only wear three piece suits when I have to go to court. Some of my clients don't recognize me when I'm in a suit.

I came from England when I was 8. At the time, boys wore short pants until they were 14. My school uniform was grey wool shorts, white shirt and St. Andrews' tie and a maroon blazer.

In America, when I was allowed to wear long pants at 8, I felt like I had stolen something. Now I am in my 60's and I'm back in short pants.

Steve

Hot. Weren't you hot in fatigues and jump boots? I was!!! Nothing like Benning or Bragg in the summer.

Comment

• Rand
          Established Member
          • May 2005
          • Vancouver, WA, USA.

My father used to tell me:

"There are a whole lot of people in this world who don't have anything better to do than to mind other people's business for them."

I always try to treat people like people regardless of age, race, appearance etc.

I'll admit to shaking my head at some peoples' choice in attire (the guys with their pants halfway down or the chubby girls in tight stretchy outfits with their bellies showing come to mind.)

It certainly doesn't effect me at all though.
          Rand
          "If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like your thumb."

Comment

• scmhogg
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2003
            • Simi Valley, CA, USA.
            • BT3000

Cab,

It was miserable at Fort Campbell. We used very heavy starch on our fatigues. One would sweat through them at morning formation. I most remember when it was 100 degrees and humid at midnight. No A/C in the barracks.

Steve
            I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. Bertrand Russell

Comment

Working...