• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Thanks Melissa, You will have to mark Me down for another one as I am broke as

usual. The procedure is was not too bad for Me until the end "nothing dirty meant"

when I had to hold it. Bill
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• cwithboat
      • Jan 2008
      • 47deg54.3'N 122deg34.7'W
      • Craftsman Pro 21829

Jeez folks. Thanks a whole lot. Sitting on my desk is a plain manila envelope full of forms to be filled out, privacy statements, warnings that if you don't have insurance bring your banker with you, and a brochure extolling the gifts of the colorectal surgeon. Nowhere is there any explanation of the procedure. You have enlightened me.
      regards,
      Charlie
      A woman is only a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke.
      Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• os1kne
        • Jan 2003
        • Atlanta, GA
        • BT3100

I have Crohn's disease (a digestive disorder affecting the colon). I've had 4 colonoscopies, 2 in the past 6 months. I expect that I'll probably be getting a colonoscopy every 2-3 years for the rest of my life.

I've always been under anesthesia for the procedure, so the procedure itself has always been painless - sometimes a bit sore for several hours after the procedure, but not too bad.

The prep is always the worst part. The time before my last colonoscopy, the prep was something that got mixed with Crystal Light - this was much better than the prep for the other 3 times. It seems that different Dr.'s have different preferences for the prep that is used.

I can't imagine that anyone likes to have a colonoscopy, but they shouldn't be put off - if there's anything wrong it is much better to catch it early.
        Bill

Comment

• Schleeper
          Established Member
          • Feb 2008

Yep, drinking that stuff to clean you out was the worst part (although the gas pain afterwards was a very close second.) I swear, that salty liquid was the worst-tasting stuff to ever make it by my lips (and that includes stuff traveling in the opposite direction!) LOML had hers a year or two after me, and she was allowed to dilute it with ginger ale.

I don't know anyone that wasn't anesthetized during the actual procedure. On a related note, within the last week or two, one of the big health insurers here in Delaware (Aetna) announced that they will no longer cover the cost of having an anesthesiologist for colonoscopies.
          "I know it when I see it." (Justice Potter Stewart)

Comment

• gsmittle
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2004
            • St. Louis, MO, USA.
            • BT 3100

I'm told that after my second one I was asking for a "to go" order of the Happy Juice. I don't remember.

g.
            Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
            Bill & Ted

Comment

• gary
              • May 2004
              • Versailles, KY, USA.

Doctor says to patient "The faster I go, the more behind I get"
              Gary

Comment

• Kerf
                Established Member
                • Feb 2006

A friend send me the link to this Hilarious video a while ago
                Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that! -Rocky Balboa-

Comment

• Lee4847
                  Established Member
                  • Feb 2006
                  • Canton, Oh
                  • BT3100

I had mine a few months ago and it was negative for any problems.

Now my wife refers to me as " Her perfect A** Hole!"
                  Cut twice.... measure??

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2005
                    • Independence, MO, USA.
                    • bt3100

Originally posted by germdoc
                    I think having a smiley face right next to the topic heading "colonoscopy" is just plain wrong.

BTW, what do these things have in common?

Light bulb (40 watt)
                    Hotel mini shampoo bottle
                    Old-fashioned Coke bottle
                    Roadside luminescent warning stick

They are all things colleagues of mine have retrieved from the colons of unhappy patients. (True)

Reminds me of stories from when my mother was in nursing school.
                    Had a patient come in and REFUSE to put down what he needed to see the doc for. He finally opened his trenchcoat a bit to show a dead duck.
                    Donald duck sounds and Belushi's zit spit take from Animal house prevailed at the dinner table.

Originally posted by Kerf
                    A friend send me the link to this Hilarious video a while ago
                    I prefer Robin Williams one:
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=qOTrFmzy0Eg&feature=related

However the thought of air going in anywhere, when they say not to spray compressed air at a person due to the possiblity of an embalism worries me.
                    Then again, I don't see Dr.'s unless forced, or on a deathbed.
                    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Mrs. Wallnut
                      Bandsaw Box Momma
                      • Apr 2005
                      • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Both of those links were good. I need to send those to my parents.
                      Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).

Comment

• phrog
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2005
                        • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Add to Your List, Jeff

Originally posted by germdoc
                        I think having a smiley face right next to the topic heading "colonoscopy" is just plain wrong.

BTW, what do these things have in common?

Light bulb (40 watt)
                        Hotel mini shampoo bottle
                        Old-fashioned Coke bottle
                        Roadside luminescent warning stick

They are all things colleagues of mine have retrieved from the colons of unhappy patients. (True)
                        Hey Jeff,
                        Add this one to your list that a Doc in Ft. Oglethorpe told me about - a can of aerosol shaving cream. They weren't sure what to do because of the danger of explosion if they punctured the can. Kinda makes me glad I went into dentistry instead of med.
                        Richard
                        Richard

Comment

Working...