• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

Thank God you acted immediately and all is well!

Did you request the MDF stints?

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Rod, that is scary. Glad to hear you are ok. Do the lifestyle changes include not being as worried about having a spotless shop? Some sawdust here and there is a LOT less stressful.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• footprintsinconc
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2006
        • Roseville (Sacramento), CA
        • BT3100

WOW! you are very lucky! i too am surprised that they took you right into surgery. i am glad to see that you are posting already. i wish you the best of luck in recovery. also glad to see that you are making some life style changes. if it isnt for good health, there is no ww, now who said that?

Comment

• charliex
          • Mar 2004
          • Spring Valley, MN, USA.
          • Sears equivelent BT3100-1

Glad you are still with us Rod. Take care and make whatever changes are necessarry. You arean important part of this site and we don't want to lose you.
          Chas

Comment

• BobSch
            • Aug 2004
            • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
            • BT3100

Glad to hear you're still around, Rod. This place wouldn't be the same without you.
            Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Independence, MO, USA.
              • bt3100

What did you go and do? Stress out and have a heart attack over your gloat about your Christmas plans? Or was this from seeing some cute Nurses go to the hospital? LOL

Glad your fine and recovering, get some rest and don't disappear on us, we still haven't all learned the secret of dust free woodworking.
              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• germdoc
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2003
                • Omaha, NE
                • BT3000--the gray ghost

Glad you're back to full speed. Dust, your nemesis is back in action!
                Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• Crash2510
                  • Feb 2006
                  • North Central Ohio

glad to hear you are alright.

get well so we can drain you of the rest of your knowledge
                  Phil In Ohio
                  The basement woodworker

Comment

• oakchas
                    Established Member
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Jefferson City, TN, USA
                    • BT3000

Rod,

Hang in there, mate! You need to be around to see the project based on the book you sent me.

Whew, that was close! Welcome back!

Comment

• Black wallnut
                      cycling to health
                      • Jan 2003
                      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                      • BT3k 1999

Rod, wishing you a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear of your pain.
                      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Duff
                        Established Member
                        • Apr 2007
                        • San Antonio, TX
                        • Enco 12" RT

First thing I thought when you said pain and 000 was hurt. Glad you've still got all your body parts!!! I would say take it easy and do some woodworking, but we all know you like MDF Get well!
                        Enco 12" RT table saw(with router table currently added to right wing), Central Machinary 6" jointer, Delta 16" (17-900) drill press, Ridgid 14" bandsaw, Jet bench top Mortising machine, Porter Cable 6901 series routers (2) and a wide variety of Ryobi 18v tools.

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Glad to hear you're still here. I had a leg stint just over a year ago. Test showed blockage in the Illiac Artery that branches and feeds the legs. Also showed one on the back-side of heart. They went in for a stent on the heart and it was clear and aborted. Had the leg done a month latter.

Life style changes.. don't waste a day. Take Pappy's advice if you smoke. Get your bad cholestrol down. I moved bad cholestrol in one month from 128 bad to under 65. The good cholestrol was low and I brought it up. I have never been over-weight, but my dad wasn't either and died of a massive heart attack at 49 back in 1959 when I was 12. They didn't have the advanced technology back then they do now, so count your blessing.

Basically a vegetarian with fish as the main meat. Rely on beans for supplementary protein. I do have a hamburger every week-end as it has the bad cholestrol has stayed under 65 for over a year. Fortunately I grew up eating vegetables and that was on my side.

Is it fun sitting down and eating your veggie's and tuna.. sardines.. broiled fish while your family has the steak and potatoe heavy with sour cream? Well.. the good news is your still breathing while you do it.

And you can always pretend to be very happy that they are having all that delicious, heavily laden cholestrol while you secretly desire to rip it from their hands and inhale it. So.. your fun can come from the silent thoughs "all ya'll can just kiss my southern arse"! ha.. ha... ha..ha..ha..

Good thing I love my family....

Good luck, Rod...

Comment

• Turaj
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
                            • BT3000 (1998)

Rod, that certainly is (was) scary, but I am glad that quick help was available and you are feeling better. I am sure you will look at it as a good warning.

Wishing you a speedy recovery (and more time in your shop).
                            Turaj (in Toronto)
                            "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• JR
                              The Full Monte
                              • Feb 2004
                              • Eugene, OR
                              • BT3000

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear you had such a rough time of it, Rod. It sounds like you've come through okay, though. Thankfully.

Hey, here's and idea. Get your shop certified as an operating room. It shouldn't take much given it's cleanliness!

Warm wishes for a speedy recovery,
                              JR
                              JR

Comment

• TheRic
                                • Jun 2004
                                • West Central Ohio
                                • bt3100

Glad to hear you are doing better then before!!!!

Originally posted by cgallery
                                ....Did you request the MDF stints?
                                Nope, they haven't been invented YET. It's #1 on Rod's list once he gets back in the shop.
                                Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

Working...