• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mrs. Wallnut
    Bandsaw Box Momma
    • Apr 2005
    • Ellensburg, Washington, USA.

Did you get what you wanted?

I just wanted to know if everyone got what they wanted for Christmas this year.

I for one got more than I thought I was going to get. Mark and our daughter went shopping the saturday before Christmas and got me a set of new fry pans that I needed and some hand towels and wash cloths for my bathroom and Mark got me a gift card to one of my favorite clothing stores. Then to top it all off yesterday I remembered that I bought a scratch ticket and had it in my purse when one of my cousins came in with their scratch tickets. I scratched it off and won $100, so add that to my gift card I will get to spend some money on my self.

While shopping with my mother on sunday I was at HD and tried finding something for Mark but couldn't find anything, I know what he needs but couldn't find it.

Hope you all had a great Christmas.
    Mrs. Wallnut a.k.a (the head nut).
  • Jeffrey Schronce
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • York, PA, USA.

Wifey did good . . .she gave me an electric branding iron for my projects. She always wants stuff signed but I feel weird doing it. I mean I am not Picasso. So she got one of those customized deals from Rockler. Has a little handsaw and plane on it with "Handmade By Jeffrey Schronce" on the iron. Pretty cool.

However, everyone ignored my Lie-Neilson plane wish list . . . Do the not understand the value of a $300 3lb hunk of metal? LOL!

Kids had a great Christmas. We really scaled back on the amount of stuff we bought just because they already have so much and play with so little of it. Seems like they were happy though. A few hours after opening the gifts, the girls were back upstairs playing school with $.05 pencils and stacks of paper.

Comment

• smorris
      • Apr 2003
      • Tampa, Florida, USA.

The wife really surprised me. Large heavy box, I had to wrestle out from the back of the tree, no idea how she got it there. It was a Dewalt 734 12 1/2" planer.

Son got me a cabinet scraper set and the MiL got me books on cabinet making and a jig book.

I think everyone walked away happy with Christmas, and it was nice to have all the kids home if only for a few days.
      --
      Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice

Comment

• DUD
        Royal Jester
        • Dec 2002
        • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Melissa Thanks for the Christmas card, I got what I wanted as I got to see My Children and Grandchildren. It was a good Christmas. Bill
        5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• lrogers
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Mobile, AL. USA.
          • BT3000

I got everything I wanted and then some! It was one of our better Christmas Days. We were able to sit back, relax and do NOTHING! It was GREAT!
          Larry R. Rogers
          The Samurai Wood Butcher
          http://splash54.multiply.com
          http://community.webshots.com/user/splash54

Comment

• atgcpaul
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2003
            • Maryland
            • Grizzly 1023SLX

I spent Christmas with the WHOLE family (parents, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc)
            for the first time in 7 years so that was a treat. It was a lot of work to host
            it, but we all had a great time.

I didn't ask for anything but my wife always comes through. She finished off
            my collection of Quantum Leap DVDs and some other things. I treated myself
            to a Roku Soundbridge. It can stream Internet radio using WiFi without the
            need for a computer. It can also stream music from a computer media
            library. It has been great in the shop where I had poor radio reception and
            where I didn't want to bring my laptop.

Comment

• Whaler
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • Sequim, WA, USA.
              • DW746

I had a wonderful Christmas!
              I was sent a $50.00 Woodcraft gift card, I treated myself to a bottle of 15 year old single malt but the best of all was the e-mails and phone calls thanking me for the pen sets I sent.
              Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• dkhoward
                • Dec 2003
                • Lubbock, Texas, USA.
                • bt3000

GOt my best christmas present exactly two months early when my first grandson was born, healthy and handsome.

For christmas, I got an SG5 SkyCaddie Golf GPS.

Now just got to wait for the grandson to getg big enough to hit golfballs

and suprisingly, no new tools for christmas. That happens when you just go buy whatever you want when you see it. . Bad Habit.

Dennis
                Dennis K Howard
                www.geocities.com/dennishoward
                "An elephant is nothing more than a mouse built to government specifications." Robert A Heinlein

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Got exactly everything I wanted... I got to wake up.. I got to breathe when I did.. and I got to work in a shop that doesn't need much!

The first two are the greatest gift I could possibly recieve... the last was just iceing on the cake.

Comment

• Russianwolf
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2004
                    • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
                    • One of them there Toy saws

Well I did get the Grizzly G0462 as a sorta Christmas gift which is definitely on the plus side, but unfortunately noone was able to find either

a) magical chisel set that never needs sharpening and never catches

or

b) the perfect all natural finish that looks 10 feet deep, allows the feel of the wood to come through and only takes 2 minutes to apply.
                    Mike
                    Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                      The Full Monte
                      • May 2007
                      • Sunshine State
                      • BT3000

Got told off by my future DiL... Seems she was keeping track of how many times I hugged each of the grandkids, and apparently, I showed favoritism to the one she keeps locked up in his room. My mistake...

Comment

• crokett
                        The Full Monte
                        • Jan 2003
                        • Mebane, NC, USA.
                        • Ryobi BT3000

I did pretty well this year. Got a home dock station for the satellite radio receiver in the car and some wireless speakers to go with it. My real favorites though are the insulated work shirt and the Rockler gift card.
                        David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• cgallery
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2004
                          • Milwaukee, WI
                          • BT3K

I guess all I wanted this year was for everyone else to get what they wanted. Some of it was work (several pieces from current and non-current China patterns, for one). In the end, I think most everyone was pretty happy with their hauls.

Comment

• Richard in Smithville
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2006
                            • On the TARDIS
                            • BT 3100

I had a great Christmas. I got to see my daughter sing at the Christmas Eve service, enjoy some fellowship with the neighbours, and I loved the joy my family had opening their gifts. The icing for the day was when my wife gave me tickets to see Martina Mcbride( FLOOR SEATS!)
                            From the "deep south" part of Canada

Richard in Smithville

http://richardspensandthings.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Pappy
                              The Full Monte
                              • Dec 2002
                              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
                              • BT3000 (x2)

Didn't have the Christmas spirit this year until the end. No 2 son came over with the wife and youngest grandson. The older 2 boys spent Christmas eve with their Dad. Had a snack buffet and exchanged gifts. Best part of the evening was watching my son and grandson putting together a Craftsman "My First Workbench" (and thinking about al the noise the tools will make at home)!

Sunday morning Ginger and I exchanged gifts and just relaxed a bit. We had the eldest with his wife and the grandaughter for the afternoon/evening. Can't help but play favorites with her. Just so much fun to spoil her!

As to presents, the wife and I bought each other a new bluetooth and she got an upgraded phone. Those were the biggies since we didn't need much. She did give me three pair of jeans and some T shirts for shop wear and I got her all 3 of the "Pirates of the Carribean" dvd's.

Best present was knowing it was my 5th day without a cigarette and no cravings or withdrawal. Even sitting on the porch with the boys while they smoked didn't bother me. I see success this time around!
                              Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
                              Fools because they have to say something.
                              Plato

Comment

Working...