• Show
Clear All
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

Originally posted by Pappy
    Best present was knowing it was my 5th day without a cigarette and no cravings or withdrawal. Even sitting on the porch with the boys while they smoked didn't bother me. I see success this time around!
    Good for you, Pappy! I know you can do it!

Comment

• ironhat
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2004
      • Chambersburg, PA (South-central).
      • Ridgid 3650 (can I still play here?)

I got everything I wanted in spades; my daughters and husbands, my grandkids and we even sprung my MIL from the Alzheimers floor and she smiled and laughed the whole time. It was GREAT!!
      Blessings,
      Chiz

Comment

• ChrisD
        • Dec 2004
        • CHICAGO, IL, USA.

Well, I wanted to see my wife's 2-year-old, shattered phone finally replaced and I did! The kids and I got her an iPhone. Man, it's one cool gadget!

This is the first Christmas that I got 'shop parody' stuff like a saw blade clock, the '10 Commandments of the Woodshop', and a 'Dad, Builder of Dreams' desk frame. I think I'm being told that my projects have been in pending state way too long!
        The war against inferior and overpriced furniture continues!

Chris

Comment

• TheRic
          • Jun 2004
          • West Central Ohio
          • bt3100

Originally posted by Russianwolf
          ... unfortunately noone was able to find either

a) magical chisel set that never needs sharpening and never catches

or

b) the perfect all natural finish that looks 10 feet deep, allows the feel of the wood to come through and only takes 2 minutes to apply.
          When they do, let us know where they got them!!!!!

Didn't get anything I asked for.....might be because I didn't ask for anything. Got several things I can't wait to use, watch, etc. No tools this year, got enough as is that I need to get real use out of, even told the wife that the other day, boy I must be getting old, senile or both!
          Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• Scottydont
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2003
            • Edmonds, WA, USA.
            • Delta Industrial Hybrid

I have been pretty bah-humbug after my wife telling me she wanted a divorce a few weeks ago. I tried to get into it but it just wasn't happening. We had plans for my wife and two sons to go over to my brothers house. My wife and oldest son got sick and had to stay home. Me and my 1 1/2 year old son Jonah still got to go. Watching my son race around visiting all of his aunts and uncles it was hard to tell who was entertaining who. That was the present I could ask for. We all had a great time.
            Scott
            "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

Edmonds WA

No coffee, no worky!

Comment

• Scottydont
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2003
              • Edmonds, WA, USA.
              • Delta Industrial Hybrid

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
              Got told off by my future DiL... Seems she was keeping track of how many times I hugged each of the grandkids, and apparently, I showed favoritism to the one she keeps locked up in his room. My mistake...
              Someone call DSHS!
              Scott
              "The Laminate Flooring Benchtop Guy"

Edmonds WA

No coffee, no worky!

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                The Full Monte
                • May 2007
                • Sunshine State
                • BT3000

Originally posted by Scottydont
                Someone call DSHS!
                Can't. Rather not say why, other than that she has the deck stacked. For now.

Comment

• mater
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • SC, USA.

Originally posted by Uncle Cracker
                  Good for you, Pappy! I know you can do it!
                  Congratulations Pappy. I believe you can also.
                  Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• bigstick509
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2004
                    • Macomb, MI, USA.
                    • BT3100

We all had a great Christmas, I got my wife a new iMac ( also works out good for me ) and I got a new cell phone. Unfortunately the phone bricked on me after about 4 hours and is being replaced. It was a little different this year because we did the gift exchange at my mothers new apartment at the senior retirement community and my son was not there because he just moved to Norfolk for a new job.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• JimD
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2003
                      • Lexington, SC.

I got more than I deserve, for sure. I got a healthy family, a nice warm house (at least as warm as I am willing to pay for), a good job, jobs for my wife and both kids, cars that work (usually anyway), and a house that is pretty decent and doesn't need much.

In addition to all that, I got my son home for a few days, and we got to talk to our missonary daughter in France for 30 minutes. In addition to all that, I got a new camera (a Kodak Z612 (I wanted the older version with the lithium ion battery), and a new 18V Ryobi jig saw plus some other stuff (and only one clothing gift!).

Jim

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
                        The Full Monte
                        • May 2007
                        • Sunshine State
                        • BT3000

Jim, you got your priorities straight, for sure. It's not about things... It's about health, happiness, love and contentment. You are indeed rich.

Comment

• Black wallnut
                          cycling to health
                          • Jan 2003
                          • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                          • BT3k 1999

I sure got what I wanted! I spent time in the shop in the days leading up to Christmas with my oldest son. We made a music stand for his sister. I did all the cutting, he did almost all of the glueing , routing, sanding, and assembeling. I was able to take my daughter shopping on Saturday to buy gifts for LOML, and my two sons. We spent more on LOML than she was expecting and bought her stuff she needed.

Way to go Don!
                          Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2005
                            • Independence, MO, USA.
                            • bt3100

Three shirts, underwear, a pair of pj's, the cd clock radio I asked for (the ONLY thing on my list). I learned a long time ago, to ask VERY specifically (go here, this is the item number, buy that ONLY) or not at all (in this case I got cash).

And best of all, I got left alone, so I could take a nap.

Mom trys on tools (and if you give her a garage sale list, she does OK). Dad, either follows my lead, or if your buying new, he settles horribly. (the other day started to buy me a new Stanley plane, as "it shouldn't need the cleaning that the old ones do"), yet when it comes to his leather tools, he understands, newer, isn't normally (or always), better.
                            She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Ed62
                              The Full Monte
                              • Oct 2006
                              • NW Indiana
                              • BT3K

I didn't want anything for Christmas. I'd rather our kids spent what they would spend on me, buying something for needy kids. But it doesn't matter what I want. The kids buy something for me anyhow (no, needy kids weren't forgotten either). So Yes, I got more than I wanted. I think it was Sarge that mentioned he was happy just to wake up healthy. That's the best gift I could ask for.

Ed
                              Do you know about kickback? Ray has a good writeup here... https://www.sawdustzone.org/articles...mare-explained

For a kickback demonstration video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/910584...demonstration/

Comment

• cabinetman
                                Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                                • Jun 2006
                                • So. Florida
                                • Delta

I can't say this is what I wanted, I think LOML played a spoof on me. It's a Nahm shirt, and I'll have to remember to point to my safety glasses.

Comment

Working...