Clear All
  • germdoc
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Omaha, NE
    • BT3000--the gray ghost

An expensive mistake

Once again, wealth is wasted on the wrong people:

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.
    Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire
  • cabinetman
    Gone but not Forgotten RIP
    • Jun 2006
    • So. Florida
    • Delta

Yeah that's true, but it was probably Courvoisier or Dom Perignon instead of Budweiser.

Comment

• DUD
      Royal Jester
      • Dec 2002
      • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Jeff
      You are right, He and His new toy were doomed from the start. However I enjoyed the other story of the man and His goat. A person better be careful around there. Bill
      5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

• Russianwolf
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
        • One of them there Toy saws

living and driving in DC I've said on more occasions than I can count "just because you can buy a $50,000 (in this case $400k) car, doesn't mean you know how to drive it"

I've watched an idiot try to drive his rear wheel drive SLK on snow and ice covered streets. The second parked car he hit was the funniest. bumper wedged under the side of a pick-up.

I saw a brand new BMW Z3 cut in front of a Big rig on I-66 and come to a stop. The truck's stopping distance was longer than the Z3's. Squish.

And I watched a person proudly drive their Hummer H2 into a parking garage. and destroy the roof on a concrete lintel. "but my other car fits"

Then you have the ones that think they can buy Farraris and automatically drive like Mario Andretti. Morons one and all.
        Mike
        Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

If you're into that kind of thing,
          Here's a website with nothing but pictures of wrecked expensive cars:

Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• germdoc
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2003
            • Omaha, NE
            • BT3000--the gray ghost

Originally posted by DUD
            Jeff
            You are right, He and His new toy were doomed from the start. However I enjoyed the other story of the man and His goat. A person better be careful around there. Bill
            Bill--I didn't see the goat story until you drew my attention to it. He might have said, "It's OK, it's a Nanny Goat, and I was feeling kinda horny" but I guess that didn't cross his mind at the time...
            Jeff

“Doctors are men who prescribe medicines of which they know little, to cure diseases of which they know less, in human beings of whom they know nothing”--Voltaire

Comment

• JeffW
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2003
              • San Antonio, Texas, USA.
              • BT3100

I knew of a kid whose daddy bought a brand new AC Cobra with the 427 engine for him. He had it 3 hours before he decided to see what it could do. Hit the gas at a light and spun it into a phone pole. That same car today in new condition would probably be worth in excess of a million at the time probably about $5,000.
              Measure twice, cut once, screw it up, start over

Comment

• mater
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2004
                • SC, USA.

Spend $400,000 on a car and then go get drunk.
                Ken aka "mater"

" People may doubt what you say but they will never doubt what you do "

Ken's Den

Comment

• ragswl4
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • Winchester, Ca
                  • C-Man 22114

Yep! Get her going fast into a curve, then chicken out and the back end will pass the front end like it were sitting still. The guy probably didn't have a clue on how to drive that car, drunk or sober. Well, he'll have less money now.
                  RAGS
                  Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                  sigpic

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by ragswl4
                    Yep! Get her going fast into a curve, then chicken out and the back end will pass the front end like it were sitting still. The guy probably didn't have a clue on how to drive that car, drunk or sober. Well, he'll have less money now.

But, will he have learned anything?
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA
                    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• ragswl4
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2007
                      • Winchester, Ca
                      • C-Man 22114

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                      But, will he have learned anything?
                      I doubt it. He might sue the highway department for putting a curve in the road where he crashed.
                      RAGS
                      Raggy and Me in San Felipe
                      sigpic

Comment

• backpacker85
                        Established Member
                        • Sep 2006
                        • Dickson, TN
                        • BT3100-1

....or the car manufacturer for building an obviously dangerous vehicle....
                        ....or the car dealer for allowing him to purchase it in the first place
                        Ken W.

Comment

• Sawduster
                          Established Member
                          • Dec 2002
                          • Cedar Park, TX, USA.

I worked an accident quite a number of years ago on a freeway. Couple of drunks in a Vette went from flying low to flying. There was a guard rail that sloped down to the ground at the end and the Vette managed to leave the roadway and run up the guard and was literally launched into the air and hit a light pole about 8 feet off of the ground. There was fiberglass everywhere. The two drunks were still strapped in their seats off the side of the road when I got there. EMS had to almost fight them to get them to stay still while they put the neck collars on em. Not a visble scratch on either of them.
                          Jerry

\"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.\"
                          ~ Thomas Paine ~

http://www.sawdustersplace.com

Comment

Working...