• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhart
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

I think Loring is right that too many people just repeat things that they've heard without checking the facts. Vicious rumors get started this way.

If you repeat a lie often enough, pretty soon people think it's the truth. Just think of the campaign ads over the past few years from all the parties. Guess that's why it now costs $30-40 million to win a Senate seat or over $200 million to run for President.

Just my .02
    Joe
    "All things are difficult before they are easy"

Comment

• bhornberger
      Established Member
      • Jan 2003
      • Webster Groves, Mo, USA.
      • Craftsman 22104

The minor-league team Gateway Grizzlies of the Frontier League will begin selling a concessions item that is not for the calorie-conscious, ESPN reported.

"Baseball's Best Burger," as the Grizzlies call it, will consist of a hamburger topped with cheddar cheese and two slices of bacon — all between a "bun" made of a sliced Krispy Kreme Original Glazed donut.

The burger is not for the faint of heart — literally — and will contain roughly 1,000 calories and 45 grams of fat.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11763279/
      Brent

Comment

• Wood_workur
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2005
        • Ohio
        • Ryobi bt3100-1

Originally posted by DonHo
        "Actually the KK presskit on their website has a fun facts page, says that they make enough dounts to equal the empire state building height in 22 seconds as you quoted, another fact says they make 7.5 million donuts a day and 2.7 billion (a US Billion apparently) per year (that does work out correctly into about 360 days).

However, that works out to only 87 donuts per second which means that in 22 seconds they will only make 1910 donuts. Seriously short of an empire state building if the dounts are 1.25" thick.

Now I've eaten a few and I know the donuts are not 8" thick so even end-to-end instead of stacking is not going to work."

I'd guess they don't run at full capicity 24hrs a day. Maybe they have the ability to produce enough donuts to equal the empire state building in 22 seconds when they are running at top capicity but figuring in the slow times they only produce 2.7 billion in a year. In any case I'd be willing to help them up their count if they'd put a store in Shawnee

DonHo
        no, then the would be making doughnuts for 3.7 hours per day.
        Alex

Comment

• gerti
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2003
          • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
          • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

The stores are not open 24/7. Lorings 'proof' assumes that though. Also it makes no sense to produce donuts seconds before closing, further reducing the time they are actually producing. I guess the numbers refer to peak production output.

A lot better than MS 'forward looking statement'.

Comment

• jdschulteis
            Established Member
            • Mar 2003
            • Muskego, Wisconsin, USA.
            • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by bigfoot15
            [. . .]
            I mean the KK doughnuts (we even spell it different) not the calendar.
            [. . .]
            According to Webster, "doughnut" is the standard spelling and "donut" is a variant (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/donut). They do have some stores in Canada: http://clients.mapquest.com/krispy/m...nect?link=find

I'd say a Krispy Kreme is at most 4" diameter, so if you go end-to-end instead of stacking (and of course, ignore the crushing of the poor donuts on the bottom), you need 3750, or 43 seconds worth if you use the 87 per second rate (dividing the daily total by the number of seconds in 24 hours).

I don't think Krispy Kremes are open 24 hours a day, and I doubt they make donuts continuously (otherwise why would they have the "Hot Now" light?). I'd say the "Empire State Building in 22 seconds" is actually claiming a peak production rate of 545 donuts per second. Considering they had 420 stores in December 2005, that seems possible. Guess I'll have to do some "research" tomorrow morning
            Jerry

Comment

• billwmeyer
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2003
              • Weir, Ks, USA.
              • BT3000

I also doubt that K K has all stores open 24/7 but also I am sure that in the hours that they are open, they are working at full capacity. If all stores worked at full capacity at any given moment, it may be possible, if you stack end to end and do not figure in compaction rates.

Bill
              "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."-Kenny Rogers

Comment

• pierhogunn
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2003
                • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

actually, I do believe that "Factory Stores" are 24hr/day operations, how else would they supply the local grocery and convenience stores.

BTW, there is nothing in this world quite like a HOT, not a warm, not a fresh, not a re-heated, but HOT fresh from the glazer Krispy Kreme donught and a cold glass of Whole, not 2%, 1%, or gasp Skim milk to wash the 1/2 doz you just ordered.

MMMM sounds like dinner to me.

Funny story though, a friend of mine took his Girlfriend out with us to dinner one night and we stopped at a Krispy Kreme, she had just moved here and did not know about Krispy Kreme, she was a stict vegan, and obnoxiously proud of it. She just loved the taste, texture, etc. of the fresh hot Krispy Kremes. That was until her boyfriend unceremoniously informed her that those sweet bites of heaven were fried in something that rhymed with blard.... She prompty pushed the unfinished donught away from herself and proceded to the Bath-Room green as a granny smith apple...
                It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

• bigfoot15
                  Established Member
                  • Oct 2005
                  • edmonton, alberta, Canada.
                  • BT3100

Originally posted by jdschulteis
                  According to Webster, "doughnut" is the standard spelling and "donut" is a variant (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/donut). They do have some stores in Canada: http://clients.mapquest.com/krispy/m...nect?link=find
                  Thanks for the link. Not in Edmonton yet. Calgary only. That figures.
                  Also have one 5 minutes from where I lived 10 years ago in Delta, BC.
                  that figures.
                  Just as well.
                  patience is a virtue I can\'t wait to have

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Dear Mr. Chien,

Thank you for your email regarding Krispy Kreme's press kit containing
                    factual errors. We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback.

We are committed to satisfying our customers and strive to meet the highest
                    expectations placed upon us. We have forwarded your message to the
                    appropriate personnel for their review. The management staff here at Krispy
                    Kreme is always interested in customer feedback.

We recognize that our success is measured by the satisfaction of our
                    customers. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Sincerely,

Delmy Garcia
                    Krispy Kreme Customer Experience
                    www.krispykreme.com
                    Shoot, they read their e-mail. I thought that they would all be busy making donuts.
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA
                    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• glencross
                      Established Member
                      • May 2005
                      • canoe, british columbia, Canada.

krispy kreme

don't you just love this forum?

where else could you go and have so much fun?

Comment

• Thalermade
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Ohio
                        • BT 3000

The K K's came and went in the Cincinnati area. About every other year we vacation in Destin, then we visit the shop on Highway 98 in Destin, Florida (I hope it is still there). They have great cold drinks for the hot afternoon as well.

Once we get the donut question answered, maybe we can move onto the "waterfall" of icing. What do you think, enough icing in a day to equal the water of Niagra Falls in a minute?

Comment

• pierhogunn
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2003
                          • Harrisburg, NC, USA.

I don't know about volume of icing, but I sure would love to take a coffe cup to that water fall and sneak out the back door to have the best sugar-coma ever
                          It's Like I've always said, it's amazing what an agnostic can't do if he dosent know whether he believes in anything or not

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Dan in Harrisburg, NC

Comment

Working...