• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryan F
    • Dec 2002
    • Lenexa, KS, USA.
    • 1975 Delta Unisaw / Accusquare Fence

Honeymoon Question

Trying to decide where to take LMOL after the wedding. Looking for any input good or bad from all the travelers out there. I'm thinking all inclusive (free beer!!!) and the budget needs to be around $2000 not including spending money.

Ryan Flaherty
    http://home.kc.rr.com/myworkshop/Workshop.html
    BT3000 is just a toy. Isn't it?
    Ryan Flaherty
    http://www.kcflahertys.com
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

I'm relieved you weren't asking THE honeymoon question.

My wife and I have been on many cruises. Personally, I'd suggest Celebrity, Costa, or Norwegian for upscale cruise lines; Princess and Carnival have good party ships. There's alot to do, and you're waited on hand and foot. Some of the ships overnight in some great party towns as well. Some have free beer but since I don't drink anymore, I've never given it much thought.

Chr's
    Chr's

Comment

• aleuni
      Established Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Miami, FL, USA.

Whatever you do don't take her to HD. I live in Miami and a cruise is a great idea. I have been on a few. Royal Caribean is a great ship and as wierd as this may sound you may want to look in to the Disney's packages you can get a combo of the parks and the the cruise or just the cruise. The cruise is a production from start to finish I don't have kids and I went with an older couple and at no point did it feel like a kiddie cruise.

Just my 2 mickey cents

Alex
      http://community.webshots.com/user/aleuni
      Alex
      \"No Idea is a good idea until it is your idea\" -me

http://community.webshots.com/user/aleuni

Comment

• MSGHBS
        Established Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Lincoln, AR, USA.

Newly wedded guy takes his new bride to the motel, and checks in a room. She goes into the bathroom to "prepare" herself for this momentous evening with her new husband. She has bought a frilly nighty and all the sexy trimmings. A little phased, the guy takes a walk while she bathes, etc. He visits the motel office and has a chat with the manager. Comming back to the room, he spies his new bride in her wedding night nighty and oh wow does she look good. However, he sits on the chair beside the bed and makes small talk with her. Finally, after much patience, she brings herself to ask him, "Darling, aren't you going to get undressed?"
        The man tells her "Well darling, I was just up to the office and visited with the manager, telling him I was just married today"
        "SO????" asks the bride a little annoyed. "So what??"
        "Well, dear, the manager said, if I was only married today, then in a little while you and I would probably really be going to town!!!"
        "And I dont want to get undressed now if we're about to leave the room"

Cheers
        Herb

Herbert B. Spencer
        Herbert B. Spencer

Comment

• jwallwork
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2002
          • Lexington, KY, USA.

I agree about the cruise. My wife and I just took our first on Celebrity and really enjoyed it. Nothing quite like a week of being sucked up to. I'd recommend not sailing out of Puerto Rico though, the airport has issues. I would recommend Celebrity though, there staff was excellent and food was very good, especially there specialty restaurant. If you do decide on a cruise, I'd definately recommend getting a cabin with a balcony. Nothing quite like sitting out on the balcony and seeing the beautiful water as you sail.

John Wallwork

speedbump on the information superhighway
          speedbump on the information superhighway

Comment

• wildoaf
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2003
            • MA, USA.

I've always enjoyed Bermuda. Its pretty affordable as well.
            My other home
            www.wildoaf.ipbhost.com

Comment

• AttilatheHun
              • Dec 2002
              • Farnham, Surrey, United Kingdom.

MSGHBS's tale reminds me of the happy couple who were spending their Wedding Night at the hotel where they held their Wedding Reception. The three ushers were old friends of the groom and decided that each would play a trick on the couple. The first, an electrician by trade, went up to the Bridal Suite. He came down a few minutes later witha grin on his face. He refused to tell his friends what he had done. The second, a carpenter, went up to the Bridal Suite first. After a few minutes he came down with a smile palying around his lips. He too refused to say what he had done. The third friend, a dentist, went up to the room and came back down almost immediately. He was grinning from ear to ear, but he also refused to tell his friends what trick he had played.

A few moments later the bride and groom emerged from the reception and hand-in-hand dashed up to their room. The three friends settled down in front of the fire and quaffed a pint or two of beer.

After about half-an-hour, the groom came downstairs and spotting his friends walked over to them.

He said, "I can appreciate a joke as well as the next man. I didn't really mind the lights flashing off and on in time to our love-making! I didn't really mind the bed collapsing at the critical moment! But which one of you put Novocane ...?"

AtH
              This looks complicated, better get a bigger hammer

Comment

• TomCotter

We did Cancun, Moon Palace resort. It's all inclusive, a couple excersions, lots of food, drink, and sun. We are planning on going back for our fifth anniversary.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  Internet Fact Checker
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Katy, TX, USA.
                  • BT3000 vintage 1999

Cruises right now because of terrorism and Norwalk disease are real bargains, but since you are in kansas you have to fly to a port nearby (Galveston is close, New Orleans and Miami offer more choices. these would all go to 3 or 4 carribean destinations like Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, US Virgin Islands, Cayman Is. Cozumel)
                  Should easily be able to get two persons on board for $2000 which covers meals, lodging, & entertainment but usually not drinks, side tours and airfare. Four or 7 days available.

Last year I took a four day holiday in Mexico - Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo for about $800 per person including meals lodging airfare and all you could drink. Melia Azul was the hotel chain that put together the package. I'm sure there are similar packages to other Mexican resorts like Cozumel, acapulco, etc.

Different kind of adventures.
                  Mexico resorts are less formal, meals are buffet with a couple of sit-down dinners thrown in. Nearby are usually deep sea fishing, and lots of bars and el mercado- the markets.

Ocean cruises offer gambling, full course meals every night, formal nights, on-board entertainment, lots of activities and port calls.
                  I like the cruises for the fine dining and relatively carefree life (no worry about crime on board, everything is within hundred yards walking distance) The drinks are reasonable and pretty much you charge everything - no cash, no tips during the trip. Try anything at the meals, get two entrees, two desserts if you like. Love Shrimp cocktail but always wanted to try carpaccio of beef? get both appetizers. Different menus every night.

Want more advice on cruising, e-mail me, My wife and I have taken 7, incl our honeymoon.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  Loring in Katy, TX USA
                  If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                  BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Craig
                    Established Member
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Monroe, michigan, USA.

May I suggest Ft. Leonard Wood???

Comment

• cat lady
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Peoria, AZ, USA.

If a packaged trip is what you are considering may I suggest you look into a club med packaged trip. My parents seem to really enjoy them. They describe them much like a cruise, all inclusive and plenty to do, lots of organized activities, lots of food except not on a boat. Talk to a travel agent and ask about them. I've never been but I've been plenty envious. My parents tell me they have all kinds of locations and they have different packages for the newly weds to families with small children to the retired type. They say it has something for everyone.

If not and you are thinking Europe, look at the Rick Steves site. He has a lot of information on how to make a trip in Europe affordable and smooth with lots of interest.

http://www.ricksteves.com/home.htm

Comment

• Sam Conder
                        Woodworker Once More
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Midway, KY
                        • Delta 36-725T2

Loring,

How was Zihuatenejo? I've wanted to go there ever since the first time I watched "The Shawshank Redemption".

Sam Conder
                        http://www.samconder.com
                        Sam Conder
                        BT3Central's First Member

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

• LCHIEN
                          Internet Fact Checker
                          • Dec 2002
                          • Katy, TX, USA.
                          • BT3000 vintage 1999

quote:Originally posted by sconder

Loring,

How was Zihuatenejo? I've wanted to go there ever since the first time I watched "The Shawshank Redemption".

Sam Conder
                          http://www.samconder.com
                          There's two towns close to each other - Ixtapa and Zihuatenejo.
                          Z. is sort of a sleepy fishing village and Ixtapa is a tourist town.
                          All the big resort hotels are in ixtapa. There's mercados in both. If you want to go fihing, there's a couple of public piers in Z. where you can charter your own or play it safe (and a few bucks more) and book one at the hotel. There's lots of bars in Ixtapa, like Senor Frogs and stuff. I went with my dentist friend and his staff. He and I caught a sailfish apiece on our one day deepsea fishing and the hotel package (Melia Azul) featured all meals and drinks. The meals were no match for a cruise ship, the booze plentiful (but I don't drink). They had a nicer sit down restaurant for which they gave us some tickets but we had to complain to the management to get seats - limited seating and limited sign-up hours made them hard to use.
                          Nice view, fair beach, but the area is kind of arid and dry.

Summary:
                          market B (stuff looks like the same stuff in markets everywhere)
                          Fishing A
                          Bars ? probably good and cheap if you are into this
                          Food C
                          Entertainment D
                          Weather B
                          View B

Shawshank Redemption: I think Tim Robbins ended up there after getting out and sent for Morgan freeman to come meet him, right? I Liked that movie.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
                          Loring in Katy, TX USA
                          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• gooch
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Dec 2002
                            • Wisconsin, USA.

Whatever you do..
                            1. check the bathroom door in the room and
                            2. don't get pink champagne and shake the bottle.

My honeymoon was a disaster.. my new wife went to the bathroom to get ready for the big event. I laid down on the neat bed that had a built in vibrator.. I fell asleep after 15mins, woke up to crying in the bathroom. The door jamed and she had been locked in there for 2.5 hours. After getting her out I tried to open the champagene and bang it shot all over the room walls. We spent the next 3 hours washing walls in the hotel to finally just lay down clothes and all and fall asleep..

TAKE her to HD.. much safer.
                            Gooch

www.goochs.com

Comment

• Ryan F
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Lenexa, KS, USA.
                              • 1975 Delta Unisaw / Accusquare Fence

Where did you go to have that disaster?[]
                              I will try to avoid that place.

Ryan Flaherty
                              http://home.kc.rr.com/myworkshop/Workshop.html