Chicago Electric 69820 Initial impressions.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Chicago Electric 69820 Initial impressions.

I needed a way to knock down floor leveling compound for my concrete patch and staining project, and I figured a disposable belt sander would be workable. I wanted to get a sander that shared belt size with my Ridgid EB4424.

Upon unboxing and inspection, I found it to be much heavier than I felt the demo model at the store was. I plugged it in and took a test pass at some exceedingly high leveling / patch compound in my floor...

I plugged it in, and pulled the trigger, watching the belt tracking. With zero adjustments, I watched the belt tracking for about 45 seconds as it ran, and found it to be exceptionally smooth and clean tracking.

I tackled some rough spots of level compound and it made quick work of the uneven spots, which also showed very rapdily where this sander fails. Dust collection. To call it abysmal would be to compliment it. The port / bag might as well not exist. But for $52.00 after coupon, what do you expect?

So far I think this will do the job I need it to do. If it breaks when I am done with this project, I won't likely care...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...