Snap On Blue Point AP 500 dual hammer impact wrench.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Snap On Blue Point AP 500 dual hammer impact wrench.

The Snap On / Blue Point AT500C short snout 1/2" dual hammer impact wrench came into my possesion directly off of the Snap On Truck back in 1991 when I was a working mechanic. This impact wrench replaced my initial Craftsman single hammer model. The adjustable torque was well able to break loose anything my half inch impact sockets were willing to take, yet had enough finesse that it has actually been useful for utility woodworking projects such as driving lag bolts into hardwoods.

For the home woodworker that occasionally spins a wrench, and needs an impact wrench to drive long lag bolts, and help remove that transmission out of the old Jeep, Barracuda, or whatever project car... Well the AT500C is most likely not money well spent. While this is a TOP NOTCH impact wrench, the support and coverage from Snap On is just not needed by the hobbyist. Not to mention most guys aren't on the Snap On dealer's route...

So spend your money in better areas, grab an Ingersoll Rand with similar specs, and spend the extra money on some band saw blades...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...