Pittsburg 34387-2VGA 6" wood handle bar clamp.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Pittsburg 34387-2VGA 6" wood handle bar clamp.

I gave the rating a 1 on Documentation, because... Well do you REALLY need documentation on how to operate a bar clamp?

I picked up a bunch of these based on price, and a friends recommendation. This review also mimics how I feel about the 12", and 24" sizes which I own, and use as well...

The 6" bar clamp sold by Harbor Freight under the Pittsburg name comes with wooden tightening handles, quick adjust lever that you simply depress, and slide to as close as possible to your desired location, and twist the wooden handle until it is tight enough.

WIth good strong hands, this clamp is capable of leaving some NASTY clamps in handrwood if you over tighten. Using scrap culls is a good practice anyway.

I have found in the time that I have had mine, they are every bit as good of a clamp, as my Jorgensen Pony clamps, and have some features that my Joregensens lacked (clamp pads were included with Pittsburg, not with Jorgensen). And for the price, I have been able to afford a dozen each of the 6", 12", and 24", as soon as they get more 36" models in stock I will pick them up.

The longer sizes seem to bow under pressure, but no more so than the big name brand clamps. It seems more to be a behavior of the design than anything else....

For a great clamp at a bargain basement price, I would gladly recommend that anyone pick up as many of these clamps as they need, and a few more because you can never have too many clamps!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
Working...