• Show
Clear All
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

What happened this weekend?

What was the point of failure, that the site was down?

Had such a bad day yesterday, I needed a break and tried to come here. After a while I even checked in the BT section of the Ryobi Forums. I know I should have cut some wood but my keys were in the locked truck, and I found out my spares went out a hole in my pocket.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.
  • SARGE..g-47

Morning Linux...

I don't have a clue why the site was down till this morning as that is way over my head. Thanks to Bruce, I just learned how to en-large type.

But.. may I suggest that you have a set of spare keys cut and put them in a magnetic box under the frame on each of your cars.. That's the first thing I do when I acquire another one and it has paid dividends over the year. I don't lock myself out often.. but it saves the frustration when you do.

BTW.. if you are out of things to do in lieu of the site down-age, drop by my place and we'll see if we can occupy some time. Would you prefer to run the additional 220 V line off the newly installed sub-panel.. pressure wash and stain the cedar siding.. replace and add-on the new rear deck and stairs.. paint inside.. wash and wax 3 vehicles or take out the last 3 dangerous trees that threaten my house in ice storms or very high wind?

When we are done.. we'll just run some stock through the jointer and planer to kick off a new bed project. Then there's the short and tall dressers and night stands.

Then again... I bet ya could find something similar to do around your place without ever leaving home.. How close did I come? ha.. ha...

Regards...

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

Originally posted by SARGE..g-47
      Morning Linux...

I don't have a clue why the site was down till this morning as that is way over my head. Thanks to Bruce, I just learned how to en-large type.

But.. may I suggest that you have a set of spare keys cut and put them in a magnetic box under the frame on each of your cars.. That's the first thing I do when I acquire another one and it has paid dividends over the year. I don't lock myself out often.. but it saves the frustration when you do.

BTW.. if you are out of things to do in lieu of the site down-age, drop by my place and we'll see if we can occupy some time. Would you prefer to run the additional 220 V line off the newly installed sub-panel.. pressure wash and stain the cedar siding.. replace and add-on the new rear deck and stairs.. paint inside.. wash and wax 3 vehicles or take out the last 3 dangerous trees that threaten my house in ice storms or very high wind?

When we are done.. we'll just run some stock through the jointer and planer to kick off a new bed project. Then there's the short and tall dressers and night stands.

Then again... I bet ya could find something similar to do around your place without ever leaving home.. How close did I come? ha.. ha...

Regards...

Expected at a family gathering, (3 birthdays) over an hour away. It was my day off, and I was trying to get some stuff done (the next weeks I have to work my days off to some extent, as getting ready for a work shutdown remodel/2 days).
      So I was out getting some running done (laundry, met this cute gal that uses a laundramat over by me) and then out to pick up some stuff for various projects. (painting, tree removal, all outside stuff, when Rain was expected). I got home, got out of the vehicle, grabbing laundry and a couple of things and knock some to the ground.
      I step and bend over to grab them and my door shuts. (censored)
      Reach for my spare set which has other keys, and it's gone, and I have a hole in my pocket (double censored).
      Go in to grab my last set, and it won't turn the lock.
      Everyone is out there, including my b-i-l (who would have a issued slimjim in his detectives car). I have two tow truck drivers, one out of state on a job, the other at a funeral, and it proceeds to get worse from there.

Finally got in, by filing the other key just a little bit, and some graphite. By that time is was 8:30.

All the inside stuff is going through things now for a big garage sale.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• bigstick509
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Macomb, MI, USA.
        • BT3100

Good Question

Usually Sam will post what went wrong and how he went about fixing the problem. I did the same thing as LinuxRandal, went to the Ryobi site forum but there were no postings on the outage.

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

I think the song game and keep it going threads overloaded the server...

particularly the part where I'm sitting around eating pizza & beer with Thom in his thong-thing and the cat (with at least three lives used up).
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Salty
            • Feb 2006
            • Akron, Ohio

Maybe the borg took over the server and it fixed itself....and Sam is still out wandering in the woods! ;-)

Hey...this could be the start of yet another....keep-it-going....hahahahahaha
            Why doesn't the word 'planing' show up in my computer spell check?

Comment

• Alex Franke
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2007
              • Chapel Hill, NC
              • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by SARGE..g-47
              But.. may I suggest that you have a set of spare keys cut and put them in a magnetic box under the frame on each of your cars..
              So where do y'all park your cars?

Actually that's what I used to do until I got a car with one of those fancy keypad entry systems. Just to be safe (and because I rarely use it), I have the combo programmed into my cell phone...
              online at http://www.theFrankes.com
              while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
              "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• Tom Slick
                Veteran Member
                • May 2005
                • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
                • sears BT3 clone

I had the shakes from a jonez for BT3Central..... ahh I feel much better now.
                Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• RayintheUK
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2003
                  • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
                  • Ryobi BT3000

The forum may be back up, but only just - seems really slow and flaky to me.

Ray.
                  Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• TheRic
                    • Jun 2004
                    • West Central Ohio
                    • bt3100

Ray I agree it still does seem slow and flaky. I was on yesterday am when I thought it was slow, then all of a sudden couldn't get back on. Just getting a chance to try it now.
                    Ric

Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Comment

• leehljp
                      Just me
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Tunica, MS
                      • BT3000/3100

After it came back on, it was fine for me. However, to me it was flakey for a few days before it went down. Now it is OK.
                      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• LCHIEN
                        Internet Fact Checker
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Katy, TX, USA.
                        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Sam must have changed ISP - signed up for www.google.com/tisp
                        Loring in Katy, TX USA
                        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
                        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...