Hey Loring!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kwgeorge
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • 1419
    • Alvin, TX, USA.

    #1

    Hey Loring!

    I was contacted back by Oneway and they said I had tested in a “very thorough and acceptable manner” but requested that I “repeat the test but mark the high spot on the chuck then remove your test aluminum bar rotate it 90 degrees, rechuck it and retest the runout” so I did. Here is a temporary page I set up for them to see the results but since you seem to have a pretty good handle on this kind of stuff I though I would get your opinion on the results of the new test.

    http://www.theturnersshop.com/temp/oneway/chuck.html

    Also I did a quick save in HTML with MS Word so would anybody verify that the pictures are showing up????


    Thanks
  • RayintheUK
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2003
    • 1792
    • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
    • Ryobi BT3000

    #2
    Pictures show OK

    Ray
    Did I offend you? Click here.

    Comment

    • boblon
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2003
      • 727
      • Florida, USA.

      #3
      Ken,
      The second to the last sentence reads:
      "...The green line is the 90 degree test and the end closest to the 90 degree of the blue cross is the low and the high is 90 degrees of that..."


      Wouldn't that last '90' be '180' since all the highs seem to be opposite of the lows?

      BobL.
      "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgement."

      Comment

      • kwgeorge
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2004
        • 1419
        • Alvin, TX, USA.

        #4
        No Bob, I was kinda in a hurry when I wrote it but both low measurements are the starting points. The blue low mark is at 0 just for a reference. The low of the 90 degree rotate of the test fixture which is indicated by the green line is closest to the 90 degree blue mark. Make sense?

        Comment

        • boblon
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2003
          • 727
          • Florida, USA.

          #5
          I'm sorry. My mistatke.

          BobL.
          "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgement."

          Comment

          • kwgeorge
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2004
            • 1419
            • Alvin, TX, USA.

            #6
            Hey Bob! your in Woodworking/Woodturing! no mistakes just design opportunities!

            Comment

            • LCHIEN
              Super Moderator
              • Dec 2002
              • 22084
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

              #7
              test sound right, pictures look good.
              If I were Oneway, I'd give you a new Chuck.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

              Comment

              Working...