X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulie
    Handtools only
    • Feb 2016

RIGID 1200 lathe duplicator

I turn saltwater fishing plugs. It is very time consuming to turn each one individually and a duplicator would solve the problem. My question is: Does anyone know f a duplicator that will fit a full size wood lathe like my Rigid 1200? I know Vega is the de facto in duplicators but I have been told by several guys it won't fit my lathe.
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

I have a Vega duplicator and steady rest for a Delta midi-lathe. It clamps onto the lathe bed which is much different than the Rigid that uses the tube style bed. I agree, i don't see how in it's default configuration you could clamp it to the Rigid. Could you fabricate a wooden lathe bed that would straddle the tube that you could then clamp the Vega to? I'm not sure how big your lures are but maybe you'd still have enough swing to do that. My other suggestion would be to contact Vega and see if other customers have done this.

I also saw this on the PSI site. Maybe you could make that work?

Universal Duplicator MechanismThe Universal Duplicator Mechanism will mount to nearly anysmall lathe. You must provide a mounting bracket to position the duplicator at the appropriate height. Not compatible with large lathes

Would also like to see your handiwork when you get a chance.

And welcome to the site.

Paul

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

I'm not certain, but I suspect the duplicator from Penn State is your answer. Give the guys at PSI a call, they have been pretty helpful when I have had odd questions in regards to turning accessories.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...