• Show
Clear All
  • Mort
    Established Member
    • Dec 2003
    • Ellenton, FL - winter, USA.

Oneway's answer to my setup question

My Question
    "I have set the system up according to the instruction. It does seem that wheel wear will require future adjustment to maintain the dimension/orientation of the blocks to the grinding wheels. The foregoing being true why is it necessary to be so precise on initial setup."

Oneway's answer

"It is not necessary to be so precise with initial setup, however most people react better to more precise instructions than to less precise instructions.

regards
    Kevin Clay

Oneway Manufacturing"
    That takes care of that I guess
    [:0]
    Even a blind hog finds an acorn from time to time.
  • kwgeorge
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Alvin, TX, USA.

See now that’s funny! Perceived precision based on documentation! What will they think of next?

Comment

• Whaler
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Sequim, WA, USA.
      • DW746

Smart people, those at Oneway.
      Dick

http://www.picasaweb.google.com/rgpete2/

Comment

• Ken Massingale
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Liberty, SC, USA.
        • Ridgid TS3650

That sounds like an explanation LOML would say to me just to confuse me, and mess with my mind.
        ken

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

I once sat in the front of a chevrolet suburban and found the instructions for the three-way seat belt harness (it was a new concept at the time) behind the sun visor. I remember very clearly.
          The instructions said pull out the belt 22.00" and fasten to the buckle on the seat. Release the belt 12.00" ... etc.

Unfortunately I felt very unsafe in everytime I was in that vehicle because I always forgot to bring my calipers with me.

Maybe they had more precision in the instructions than was needed, too.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...