• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chopnhack
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2006
    • Florida
    • Ryobi BT3100

I am kidding George and I am not surprised. But the way I am looking at it is you are teaching him a valuable experience in how the world works and how to have value for things and to save and earn for future goals. That is more important than whether or not you can afford to send your child to school or whether you should sell your tools to fund his education. Those matters become irrelevant, just look at our current president... hasn't worked a day in his life to earn a dime (politics aside folks) and went to some of the finest schools! Only in America

Originally posted by georgel
    I know you are kidding, but you would be surprised at how many unkind comments Alex has received because I invested in some larger equipment.

George
    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Alex is local to me. There was a story in the paper on him a while back.

Here is a link to more about him:
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• guycox
        Established Member
        • Dec 2003
        • Romulak, VA, USA.

Bevel vs. Miter

I'm away from my bandsaw at the moment and can't quite visualize the geometry.. but is there a reason that the cuts are made with a bevel (tilted table) vs angled miter gauge.
        Guy Cox

Life isn\'t like a box of chocolates...it\'s more like a jar of jalapenos.
        What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by guycox
          I'm away from my bandsaw at the moment and can't quite visualize the geometry.. but is there a reason that the cuts are made with a bevel (tilted table) vs angled miter gauge.
          I would say that it is personal choice, and it comes down to the easiest way to make precise repeatable cuts for the individual.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...