• Show
Clear All
  • DUD
    Royal Jester
    • Dec 2002
    • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000

Christmas Projects

My Brother and I are starting on gifts this Friday afternoon. We are making some Shaker Boxes, and the 3 piece set of Pen, Magnifier, and Letter opener. I am turning about a dozen pens myself.

He has the insides ordered, I have some stock, but not enough. We were eating lunch Yesterday, and this Man came over and gave My Brother His new card. He moved laterly in this business to be in charge of the cabinet shop. Brother asked about blanks He said to email Him with sizes and quantity and He would see that We got them, that brought the cost per item down. We went to lunch today and swung by to get the blanks. They made a 3/4" plywood box with dividers and each bay had 24 blanks cut to length of White Oak, Cherry, Walnut, Birch and Mahogany, they looked good. Bill
    Last edited by DUD; 11-14-2007, 02:03 PM.
    5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.
  • TB Roye
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2004
    • Sacramento, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

Sounds like you are going to be busy. I have a number of pen projects planned. I have been trying to decide which style and what type/color of trim to use. I will be ordering the kits and wood next week while in Idaho with the Grand Kids. I have about 20-25 pen/pencil kits to do. My BIL is busy with their annual wood projects. The have been doing it for 20 years. He cuts, mills and assmebles SIL does the painting and finishing. This is my 1st time trying wood project for Christmas. Have fun. keep the jokes comming.

Tom

Comment

• DUD
      Royal Jester
      • Dec 2002
      • Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Thanks Tom and Good Luck on Your pens. Bill
      5 OUT OF 4 PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS.

Comment

Working...