Physical Therapy and my Grizzly Wide Belt sander.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Physical Therapy and my Grizzly Wide Belt sander.

So the extension rails came in, and I have been sitting on them. The weekend before Thanksgiving I went camping at the Renaissance Festival and managed to throw my back all out of whack, which resulted in a visit to my doctor, and in turn back to the physical therapist. Due to the GI issues I no longer do aqua therapy for my back, and needed some new routines to get my spine to resemble a spine and not a pretzel.

Well I woke up a bit stiff today, did my stretches and am feeling freakishly good, especially for how cold it is. I think I might just dig out the Bear Crawl and the extension rails and have a go at assembling it.

I need to volunteer some friends to help assemble / set upright the drum sander as the docs say it needs 3 people...

The problem is all the people I know that can help are all in their 50s and have military or otherwise accident related medical issues...

Getting older sucks, but the alternative is worse.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Aaaand the Bear Crawl mobile base is assembled. I have seen the various mobile basses at Rockler and Woodcraft, and aside from the SawStop mobile base, NONE of them seem to be as beefy of a build. This thing is made with THICK metal, that is well machined, and well finished, The axle bolts for the fixed casters are pretty much the weak point it seems as they are 14mm head. Probably at some point look at upgrading to at least grade 8 hardware there...

Next I assemble the base of the sander, adjust the mobile base to match the sander base, and the arrange a couple of volunteers to get the sander stood up in place...

I have one volunteer already as I will be making countertops for his class A RV, so he has a vested interest... We have a mutual college friend if we can get him away from the wife and kids for about 2 hours we can get this done.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...