• Show
Clear All
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

HF Dust Collector Outlet Mod

A while back the Y connector/reducer on HF dust collector gave up the ghost and shattered. I got an elbow and duct taped it to the outlet for several months before I got around to finding a better fix. God bless Amazon and their return policy. I went through a half dozen or so reducer/elbow combinations before I found one that worked and was heavy enough to last. Connecting the reducer to the outlet was the biggest problem. nothing I found would fit both sides. The final solution was to cut a strip of aluminum, wrap it around and secure it with rivets to the reducer then attach it to the outlet with the original screw for the Y.

Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato
  • atgcpaul
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2003
    • Maryland
    • Grizzly 1023SLX

Looks good to me.

Can you post the links or part numbers for the reducer and the white PVC elbow you used?

Thanks,
    Paul

Comment

• dbhost

dbhost
      commented
      Editing a comment
      Paul, if you are buying other stuff there, the shipping won't choke you. I got my 5x4 reducers from Grizzly for about 1/3 of anywhere else, but without combined shipping it kind of hurts...
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Looks great!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Dedpedal
      Established Member
      • Feb 2020
      • Palm Coast Florida
      • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

Mine came with a reducer on it that looks like it was originally for a fireplace chimney. It necks down from 5” to 4”

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

Paul, it will be a couple of days before I have time to dig through the Amazon files but I post the information as soon as I can.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

Working...