Wen impeller for Harbor Freight dust collector?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Wen impeller for Harbor Freight dust collector?

So... does anyone know how to actually get one of those Wen impellers? I still need to upgrade my DC...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • d_meister
    Established Member
    • Feb 2009
    • La Conner, WA.
    • BT3000

This may help:

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by d_meister
      Only to read the complaint about the HF impeller flange breaking. Not super helpful in figuring out HOW to actually obtain the Wen impeller...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• d_meister
        Established Member
        • Feb 2009
        • La Conner, WA.
        • BT3000

Sorry; I didn't look closely enough. I did follow the first link shown back to where a poster was having delivery problems from the vendor, which was Wen. Looked them up and found the manual for their big dust collector, which had the parts diagram:

I found the impeller part number and searched it on the parts page, and found this:

I don't know if that is the part you want, as there is a smaller, portable dust collector available, but the impeller is not listed in that manual by PN.

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

Sorry; I didn't look closely enough. I did follow the first link shown back to where a poster was having delivery problems from the vendor, which was Wen. Looked them up and found the manual for their big dust collector, which had the parts diagram:

I found the impeller part number and searched it on the parts page, and found this:

I don't know if that is the part you want, as there is a smaller, portable dust collector available, but the impeller is not listed in that manual by PN.
          Got it, thanks. Now we wait for delivery...

Comment

• dbhost
            Slow and steady
            • Apr 2008
            • League City, Texas
            • Ryobi BT3100

Thank you so much for the link. I ordered the impeller, and it arrived / was installed today. Swap was WAY easier than I expected, and the resulting airflow is much improved. Thanks!

Comment

• d_meister
              Established Member
              • Feb 2009
              • La Conner, WA.
              • BT3000

You are welcome, I'm glad to have helped!

Comment

• dwk
                Forum Newbie
                • Feb 2006
                • Denver, CO, USA.

Well, well, well! I don't think I've been here since before the name change, but the site popped up on a bandsaw search and miraculously my account still works. And I recognize some names.

We just went through our 2nd move since I was last here, and am once again trying to figure out shop setup. At my old place I had the HF motor mounted top-hat on a Super Dust Deputy exhausting through a Wynn filter, and I was trying to decide whether I had space for it. And then I stumble across this thread and an apparently drop-in impeller upgrade which was always the weak point of the HF. Cool!

And then I get to the Wen site and it's sold out. Blah.Hopefully back in stock soon.

dbhost - did you measure current draw before/after on the HF? Curious as to whether there is a noticeable increase with additional loading.

Comment

• dbhost
                  Slow and steady
                  • Apr 2008
                  • League City, Texas
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by dwk
                  Well, well, well! I don't think I've been here since before the name change, but the site popped up on a bandsaw search and miraculously my account still works. And I recognize some names.

We just went through our 2nd move since I was last here, and am once again trying to figure out shop setup. At my old place I had the HF motor mounted top-hat on a Super Dust Deputy exhausting through a Wynn filter, and I was trying to decide whether I had space for it. And then I stumble across this thread and an apparently drop-in impeller upgrade which was always the weak point of the HF. Cool!

And then I get to the Wen site and it's sold out. Blah.Hopefully back in stock soon.

dbhost - did you measure current draw before/after on the HF? Curious as to whether there is a noticeable increase with additional loading.
                  Sadly, no I didn't. However there are others that did with their conversions and posted the results on Youtube. Inrush current was prior to upgrade stupid high, and only slightly higher with the bigger impeller. Running current I believe is 16 with the OE impeller, and 16.2 wiht the Wen.

I am on a 20 amp dedicated circuit so no worries on that.

The Wen and Rikon impellers I believe are the same item specs wise. You can see the running and inrush current shown in this video..

Last edited by dbhost; 12-02-2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...