X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Got some new clamps

Vac clamp to be more specific. Made some brackets to mount them vertically. They slide in and out so I can take them out and place them on a horizontal surface. When turned on they also suction themselves to the base (assuming it’s flat and non porous). Still need to work on cord management obviously
    Attached Files
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

What type work are you going to hold with this system? Is it strong enough to hold wood for hand planing? Did you get the entire “system” or just specific pieces?

Comment

• GrumpyDad
      Established Member
      • Jul 2020
      • Midwest
      • Ryobi BT3100, BT3000, Sawstop PCS

Mouth watering on what I think is a powermatic and incra setup lurking in the background.
      Harumpf!
      GrumpyDad

Comment

• jussi
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by capncarl
        What type work are you going to hold with this system? Is it strong enough to hold wood for hand planing? Did you get the entire “system” or just specific pieces?
        Unfortunately most of my work has been shop upgrades lately. Been too busy to start a “real” project. But I have used it quite a bit on plywood surfaces for edge routing, sanding, dominos and edge banding. I’ve seen demos of them 2 of them holding a huge slab vertically before so they have some pretty good sheer strength. That said There is some movement when you put some horizontal force so I don’t see myself using them for planing but who knows. Will try it out in the future and report here. I did get the whole system. Kind of an impulse buy and they showed up on Craigslist at a considerable discount and I couldn’t help myself. TBH I really don’t need them but I’m a green koolaid drinker.

Comment

• jussi
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by GrumpyDad
          Mouth watering on what I think is a powermatic and incra setup lurking in the background.
          Ha good eye. Yes Incra fence attached to a PM2000

Comment

• atgcpaul
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2003
            • Maryland
            • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by jussi

I've seen demos of them 2 of them holding a huge slab vertically before so they have some pretty good sheer strength.
            We might have been watching the same YouTube channel. Don't remember which one but when I realized what it was he was using, it was a "Whoa, cool!" moment for me.

Comment

• jussi
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by atgcpaul

We might have been watching the same YouTube channel. Don't remember which one but when I realized what it was he was using, it was a "Whoa, cool!" moment for me.
              I actually saw it in person at Anderson plywood in Culver city, ca which is a lumber yard / woodworking store. The in house sales rep was polishing up a large (I would say at least 6 ft wide 8/4 slab) and had them mounted on 2 of the clamps which were clamped down to a pair of MFTs. Immediately thought I need one.... Then I saw the price tag. A mere 3 or so years later I find a used one which was more agreeable to my wallet.

Comment

Working...